The Eclipse: Proposed Skyscraper At 2000 Persa St.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see a great building on this piece of land. But the renderings are very unprofessional and I have no idea where the background buildings in the picture are from. Are we sure this is for Houston as opposed to one of the other Eclipse buildings this seemingly small town, New Mexican developer plans to put up around the world to create a destination club? This seems like a big joke.

Everyone calm down.  Even if it had a design of the Trump Tower in Chicago most likely will not get built.  I have a memo from Vermont Terrace which I cannot release.  They do not want a tower that tall in their neighborhood.  I did warn you it is ugly!  I did not make this up but they are tearing down old apartment complexes in that area.  They call every day to buy my properties.  At 2329 Mimosa Randall Davis wants to buy that property also on a 12,550 square foot lot. 

Everyone calm down.  Even if it had a design of the Trump Tower in Chicago most likely will not get built.  I have a memo from Vermont Terrace which I cannot release.  They do not want a tower that tall in their neighborhood.  I did warn you it is ugly!  I did not make this up but they are tearing down old apartment complexes in that area.  They call every day to buy my properties.  At 2329 Mimosa Randall Davis wants to buy that property also on a 12,550 square foot lot. 

They also didn't want the 17 story office tower and we know how that went.

Definitely the oddest proposal since that residential tower on Memorial that died in the financial crash.  I don't know if I like it exactly, but I have to smile at the design being so out of the mainstream.  It certainly would be an odd fit in River Oaks, which maybe is a good thing.  The pool seems unusually tiny, but I'm loving the collection of rendering residents in the illustrations.

Found the builders website http://zydeco66.com/eclipse.php

Holy crap, lol. Not sure what to think

FullViewEclipse.gif

Eclipse2.jpg

EclipseInterior.jpg

Eclipse.jpg

This can't be the final design. No parking garage? Also, the link say "Copyright 2009". Clicking on another project or link on the site it changes to "Copyright 2015". It's an active link but you can't find it on the site itself.

The rendering of the tower is rough. If the River Oaks neighborhood saw these renderings, they would find this to be an insult.

There's no way that gets built here.  No way.  If this somehow gets off the ground, I'd be shocked if it looks anything like that. 

BUT, in the unlikely event that it DOES get built, it'd be AWESOME.  Holy cow. 

This zydeco company owns the land, they apparently filed some stuff with the FAA, and apparently replatted into a subdivision named Artesian Eclipse...but...if you go on google maps, there is a sign request sealed bids to sell the property with a March 2015 date if you look in the street view.  A zydeco email address is listed as one of the contacts so it seems they are selling the property not developing it.

Archived