Beltway 8 / Ship Channel Bridge Replacement

On 3/19/2020 at 1:38 AM, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

rip it down and hire someone competent.

That's probably the exact thing that's going to have to happen. Unless there's some way to add extra supports but if there's a problem with the very foundation, I imagine they would have to demo and start over. @Purdueenginerd ?

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Is there any update on this.  The HCTRA is not being transparent at all on this.  They said the project would be on hold for 2 weeks.  Is there a solution? What is it? How much will it cost the taxpayers?  The taxpayers have a right to know.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/11/2020 at 9:12 PM, BeerNut said:

Good? right? The $417 million isn't wasted. I'm sure another firm can pick up the torch and make improvements to what has been built... with significant additional funding I'm sure.

What a wonderful bubble we live in on HAIF. Even Reddit to an extent. Scum of the earth on the local news channel comments.

• Like 4

On 8/13/2020 at 9:09 AM, Montrose1100 said:

Good? right? The $417 million isn't wasted. I'm sure another firm can pick up the torch and make improvements to what has been built... with significant additional funding I'm sure.

What a wonderful bubble we live in on HAIF. Even Reddit to an extent. Scum of the earth on the local news channel comments.

image.png.89ec3c5a9f41590cc4d703a968808672.png

So you're saying this comment doesn't add to the discussion? Huh who would've thought...

• 5 months later...