Richmond Loop Plaza At 4720 Richmond Ave.

Urbannizer

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately this is just exterior renovations to the strip center.

http://www.dyad-inc.com/bid-calendar/bid-richmond-loop-plaza-retail/

EDIT: I guess this will be redeveloped later on? From 11/2015:

Kathy Savell, The Pinnell Group, LLC, 26730 Interstate 45 North, Spring, Texas, 77386, on behalf of Richmond Loop Plaza, Ltd., (Andrew Bernstein, President), requested the abandonment and sale of a 10-foot-wide utility easement, being out of Lots 8 through 12, located within Block 1 of the Atwood Villas Subdivision, out of the William White Survey.  Richmond Loop Plaza, Ltd., abutting property owner, plans to construct a new hotel and retail development over the abandonment area.  The Joint Referral Committee reviewed and approved this request.

http://houston.novusagenda.com/agendapublic/CoverSheet.aspx?ItemID=6036&MeetingID=130

Another EDIT: The existing strip center will be demolished. A portion of the site will go to a new, smaller strip center while the other half will be redeveloped into a hotel with retail.

Right half in blue is going toward the new hotel with retail, strip center for the other half.

24855960516_b6b5266f00_o.jpg

Luling's City Market BBQ, Bayou City Seafood & Pasta, Heberts Specialty Meats and Salonliz will be housed in the strip center.

24254080084_e50a7bf7dc_o.png

http://www.dyad-inc.com/images/bidding/BID_Richmond_Retail/Add_No1-Site_an%20Shell/Add_1_C.pdf

• 7 months later...

Something is happening on the site.  I can't tell if it's what is shown in the previously posted plat above, or just a re-facing of the existing structure.  It doesn't really look like a full demo.  Anyone have any additional info?  I'm petrified that something could happen to Luling, which would crush me to the core of my soul.  

Must.  Have.  Jalapeno.  Sausage.

my gosh yes i used to love the 2 restaurants mentioned...i dont know why i think of this as a no mans land area haha...i need to go there more and good to see that little area getting a facelift! thanks for reminding me how good those places are!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Blue Onyx Bistro will open at 4720 Richmond, just inside Loop 610 near the Galleria, in February. The 150-seat steak and seafood restaurant is owned by executive chef David Chang and partners. It is part of Bernstein Investments' Richmond Loop Plaza, which is undergoing renovations. Chang opened Redfish Seafood Grill in northwest Houston in 2003.

Richmond Loop Plaza, a retail center on Richmond Avenue just inside Loop 610, is undergoing renovations. HerbertÂs Specialty Meats will relocate within the center. Photo: Richmondloopplaza / Houston Chronicle

http://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Blue-Onyx-Bistro-plans-February-near-the-Galleria-12488677.php#item-85307-tbla-5

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
6 hours ago, gene said:

I guess they are getting ready for that end of Post Oak Blvd/Richmond etc to be upgraded...glad they are doing the same on the other side of the freeway! 

Yes you mean the McNair development.  I'm patiently awaiting when they start and it supposed to be sometime this year.  

17 hours ago, htownbro said:

Yes you mean the McNair development.  I'm patiently awaiting when they start and it supposed to be sometime this year.  

Yes!!! That is definitely what I mean! Cant wait for that end to be developed! Pretty exciting changes coming to Uptown in general thanks to Post Oak Blvd!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived