Broadstone West 18th St. Lofts: Multifamily At 2727 W. 18th St.

JR3985

Want to keep this active as I'm curious as well...

I drive past this intersection every day... there are no signs posted....yet.

Yeah,

The Metro Nexus though is comming down as we speak.

I do not know much about the Metro Nexus building.. Never seemed to be anything but an empty building...

But I sure am going to miss that great paint job.

I have noticed that they have started clearing a large piece of land on 18 the street and 610 N loop right accross from the Whataburger. It is across the freeway from the new HISD building. Does anyone know what is being built?

That has been a holding area for Houston Garden Center. Not sure what-if anything-is happening. Maybe they're getting ready for Xmas trees?

B)

That has been a holding area for Houston Garden Center. Not sure what-if anything-is happening. Maybe they're getting ready for Xmas trees?

B)

I think Houston Garden Center sold this property a while back... anyone with more info?

they started clearing the lot on 18th and 610 a couple weeks ago... there is a construction trailer there now... this project is supposed to be an apartment complex and small retail to either be a bank or restaurant or both...

the Metro-nexus project is the one being developed by Jenard Gross... they have been doing demolition on this area all week.... his project is to be some single family homes with some townhouses and also an apartment complex....

they started clearing the lot on 18th and 610 a couple weeks ago... there is a construction trailer there now... this project is supposed to be an apartment complex and small retail to either be a bank or restaurant or both...

the Metro-nexus project is the one being developed by Jenard Gross... they have been doing demolition on this area all week.... his project is to be some single family homes with some townhouses and also an apartment complex....

Great info....thanks! We could sure use more nice restaurants in the area... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Alliance Communites just bought the 8.2 acres on the corner of I-610 and W. 18th street for a 4 story luxury apartment complex to be called Broadstone Lofts on W. 18th. 5.7 acres will be used for the complex, the remaining 2.5 acres will be divided up between a family style restaurant and either a branch bank or small retail center..."

Alliance has 4 other properties in Houston, the closest one being in the Galleria area.

Forgot to add the website...

http://www.broadstoneliving.com/texas.html

the sites states "Coming to Houston Winter 2006"

Not very "luxury" if you ask me, but it is nice to see money being invested to help clean up the area.

Alliance Communites just bought the 8.2 acres on the corner of I-610 and W. 18th street for a 4 story luxury apartment complex to be called Broadstone Lofts on W. 18th. 5.7 acres will be used for the complex, the remaining 2.5 acres will be divided up between a family style restaurant and either a branch bank or small retail center..."

Alliance has 4 other properties in Houston, the closest one being in the Galleria area.

Forgot to add the website...

http://www.broadstoneliving.com/texas.html

the sites states "Coming to Houston Winter 2006"

Not very "luxury" if you ask me, but it is nice to see money being invested to help clean up the area.

Too bad it is Alliance...their "lofts" in the galleria are totally ghetto.

• 9 years later...

It's not HITS. 

The plat puts it between Lot 39 and Lot 35, which makes it formerly Lots 36, 37 & 38, which is 331 W 18th. It's the green house with the brick pavers in front. Picture here.

From the HAR listing, I'm a little surprised it's a tear-down, but there you go. It's listed at $675k, but has been on the market for close to 2 months. Sale hasn't closed yet; presumably contingent on the re-plat.

• 7 months later...
  • The title was changed to Broadstone West 18th St. Lofts: Multifamily At 2727 W. 18th St.

Archived