Jump to content
Urbannizer

Museo Plaza: Mixed-Use for the Museum District, 54-Story High-Rise

Recommended Posts

The medical office building would be the first portion constructed. Groundbreaking next year on that with completion in 2018 planned.  Developer will not need abandonment of Palm until that is done.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The developer is actively meeting with folks in the neighborhood regarding the project.  The hope is, per the developer, to be as transparent as possible to forestall the type of opposition we saw with the Ashby High Rise.   Dr. Mann of the Mann Eye Institute owns the three parcels underlying the project, and so he would need a new facility before the other two phases could commence.  I know the residential tower is really the star of this attraction, and construction on that is a little bit further off.  The initial design details were very preliminary, and a lot could get changed depending on how things shake out over the next couple of years.   Most of my details came from the most recent meeting between some folks in the neighborhood and the developer, which happened a little more than a week ago (tip of the cap to Cranky for getting things organized on that front).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, houstontexasjack said:

Dr. Mann of the Mann Eye Institute owns the three parcels underlying the project, and so he would need a new facility before the other two phases could commence.


So will Mann Eye Institute be one of the tenants in the Phase I - Medical Office Building?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, cloud713 said:


So will Mann Eye Institute be one of the tenants in the Phase I - Medical Office Building?

 

I cannot definitively say, but, from the sounds of it, yes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10ish story Hotel & Office buildings, 40+ story Residential tower with 300-325 units.

Plans to discuss a new rail station with METRO.

Plans to pursue a grocery store.

20,000+ square feet of retail/restaurant space.

 

i dig it!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this 40+ story residential tower breaks our psychological barrier, and we can finally get some more residential towers that can break the 40 floor mark.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The City of Houston requires all new developments along Southmore to add another lane for traffic. Therefore, the Oak Trees on the north side of Southmore will be removed to make way for the City’s new traffic lane."

 

Seriously? The street is two lanes for another 6 blocks going east, and dead-ends at Main Street. Why is our city dumb?

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, H-Town Man said:

"The City of Houston requires all new developments along Southmore to add another lane for traffic. Therefore, the Oak Trees on the north side of Southmore will be removed to make way for the City’s new traffic lane."

 

Seriously? The street is two lanes for another 6 blocks going east, and dead-ends at Main Street. Why is our city dumb?

 

 

Southmore is designated as a "major collector" street that is projected to have 4 lanes from South Main to Scott.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how many major collector streets this neighborhood has and/or needs. I remember in Chicago's urban neighborhoods there was a major street every eight blocks, exactly one half mile apart (so 55th, 63rd, 71st, etc.). It worked pretty well, in a city with higher density.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this huge tower on hold ?  Hope someone has an update on it.  Would love to see this rise to the 54 floors they are mentioning !

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last meeting with the neighborhood was back in 2016. At the time, we were told the shorter medical office tower would go up first and would start in 2018. I’ve heard nothing since then. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, houstontexasjack said:

The last meeting with the neighborhood was back in 2016. At the time, we were told the shorter medical office tower would go up first and would start in 2018. I’ve heard nothing since then. 

 

Yeah with the medical office yet to begin we're still a few years off from the residential high-rise. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I called the Mann Eye Institute out of curiosity on this one, since the Trammell Crow rep who spoke with the neighborhood had moved to Atlanta. Happily, staff there were at least familiar with the medical office building portion of this project and let me know that, although they had not yet broken ground on the office building, the plans for the office building were still moving forward. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, houstontexasjack said:

I called the Mann Eye Institute out of curiosity on this one, since the Trammell Crow rep who spoke with the neighborhood had moved to Atlanta. Happily, staff there were at least familiar with the medical office building portion of this project and let me know that, although they had not yet broken ground on the office building, the plans for the office building were still moving forward. 

Great news !  Thanks so much for the update on this seemingly stationery project.  Good to know it may still happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alas, the 54-story tower is almost certainly dead. My understanding is that Trammell Crow is no longer involved with this. The medical office building is still moving forward, but plans will be rehashed for multifamily and hotel portions of this project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hope this one isn't dead?  but, would appreciate any official updates if anyone has any.  Thanks !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 0:09 AM, HNathoo said:

Came across this article and didn’t know what project to tie this to. Maybe some HAIFers can get to the bottom of this.

 

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/editorial/editorial-council-drops-ball-crowne-plaza

 

Is the intent of inserting this article here to suggest you 'think' that Operadora de Servicio Para Hoteles de Lujo is involved in the hotel component of Museo Plaza? Or did you truly not know where to place this info? If the latter is the case then perhaps we should create a separate thread for this. However, if the former is true, then please share what makes you think the two are connected, other than the fact that both names are rooted in Spanish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no other connection, other than both names being rooted in Spanish :lol:

 

The developer does seem to have some ties to some pretty high profile projects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It appears the first phase of this project switched entities back in February of this year. The lot now secures a loan of some $56 Million from the International Bank of Commerce for what appears to be financing for construction of the medical office building. I've linked to the Deed of Trust below:

 

https://www.cclerk.hctx.net/Applications/WebSearch/EComm/ViewEdocs.aspx?ID=ihpahpMbvcoWkF5RdbzIVfUNH6IKDHGKl+XbObCaFQ5qRZUm42SX+6YhkiZGR4QwaCXqQrBD5kV8PNNZaawgN3IBToi1NKprcgQIa2eDxnxr5FY852Xh5h8xTXfOlqRmgtcX6vRjgSjjCDwgB4dN+A==

 

Tip of the cap to @HNathoo regarding the news on the potential financing.

 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

It appears the first phase of this project switched entities back in February of this year. The lot now secures a loan of some $56 Million from the International Bank of Commerce for what appears to be financing for construction of the medical office building.



Yes! I hope this means the development is back on track.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...