Museo Institute For The Medical Arts In The Museum District

Urbannizer

This will be great if there is some traction to this project. Looks like surface level parking, a Whitney bank, the Mann eye institute low rise, and an abandoned car wash currently occupy the lots. 

It'll really add towards connecting the DT and the med center skylines

• Like 1

Ok,don't do this to me Urbannizer, I can't handle another Bank of the Southwest, Shamrock, Chevron Tower right now, too down in the dumps with the oil bust.

THIS. This is enough to give any of us a sticky spot in our underwear.

Urbannizer: What scoop do you have that encouraged you to move this into the ''Going Up'' section? Is this imminent?

• Like 5

I have thought about what might be a good project to go up on that Whitney Bank site when walking by it for the last several months.....this is past my wildest dreams. 

Edit:  if this is "brewing," I'd love to see a more formal announcement about it.

Edited by houstontexasjack

This is a little hard to believe today. I hope it comes to fruition , but like many of you I wonder who, what, and why.

It appears that the tower will be right across the street from Lawndale Annex on Main Street, if I'm reading this correctly.

Great find Urbanizer, but please give us a little more meat.

Thanks

THIS. This is enough to give any of us a sticky spot in our underwear.

Urbannizer: What scoop do you have that encouraged you to move this into the ''Going Up'' section? Is this imminent?

The tidbit of info given by the Chron that mentions the architects have something in-development for the Museum District; their website showing renders of a development in the Museum District -- is enough to place it here. Swtsigs post is also reassuring.

If this is indeed what's planned by them, I think it's more of "Will this be able to get out of ground anytime soon, if so, w/o being drastically being scaled down?" Interested to know who's behind this. 

In this render they have a placeholder for The Southmore, which shows this is fairly recent.

20518200223_4371f51420_b.jpg

• Like 3

The tidbit of info given by the Chron that mentions the architects have something in-development for the Museum District; their website showing renders of a development in the Museum District -- is enough to place it here. Swtsigs post is also reassuring.

If this is indeed what's planned by them, I think it's more of "Will this be able to get out of ground anytime soon, if so, w/o being drastically being scaled down?" Interested to know who's behind this.

In this render they have a placeholder for The Southmore, which shows this is fairly recent.

20518200223_4371f51420_b.jpg

We'll, just think of all the "cancelled" projects we got back from the 2008 financial crisis. If this tower doesn't come this time around, maybe we'll get in the next boom (possibly 2018 based on CBRE forecast). Edited by Triton

Wait...what? Wait what? What? Thats not bad looking at all. I would like to see more finalized stuff. It still looks a little too conceptual to just jump in, but this is what you call mixed use! This a wonderful start though! Definitely now on my most anticipated!

• Like 1

I see the Museum District is constructing a nice skyline now. The Carter will look stunning on its completion, it's near the freeway too, so will look high-class for all to easily see. The Hotel ZaZa area has a nice cluster too, I notice with TMC to the south and the Mosaics along 288, that high rises are developing all around Hermann Park. Houston's infill is amazing to watch. Hope this happens, Museo's 54 story tower instantly becomes to Museum District what the Transco Tower is to Uptown (just obviously on a more micro level to Transco, and Museum District on a micro level to Uptown).

Oh BTW before I forget, I notice lots of those cute cutting edge condo "semi- towers" at 8-12 floors sprouting up in Museum District and Midtown, so there is hope for continuity in a potential future skyline spanning from DT 2 TMC after all.

• Like 4

Regarding conceptualizations that have already picked out city blocks, such as this project...  

It is assumed that the developers have been in talks with the current land owners? Or is this as much of a surprise to them, as it is to us, to see a new tower concept on their property? 

• Like 1

Museo = Museum in Spanish. Since this includes a hotel and residences, is this our iteration of the Live Aqua hotel? That announcement was made in June when details were not yet available other than the Chicago version would be 82 stories.

That would be amazing/much more reassuring that it will get built, lol. But I don't think an Aqua live would have all the other components spanning the other 2 blocks.