Museo Institute For The Medical Arts In The Museum District

Urbannizer

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2020 at 9:34 PM, hindesky said:

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/real-estate/11-12-20-museo-office-tower-museum-district-opening-marko-dasigenis-carl-black-dr-mike-mann/

“I am extremely excited to place this particular type of marble in the lobby because it is not a dead white or a cream white. When light hits this marble, it is an effulgence” Black noted, in a statement. “The marble possesses rare crystals that make it the purest white on the planet.”

There's a hundred-dollar word.

I really hope no optometrists/ophthalmologists open an office there. Could you imagine having a dilated pupil and walking through the lobby? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, pacarlson said:

What is the status of the proposed 58 story tower?  Is it still likely to happen?

The residential component (58-story tower) was always proposed to be constructed after the medical office building finished. I suspect Mann Eye’s present building would need to be demolished so it could be used as a staging area for the parcel to the north. I think we’d be looking at 2023 as the earliest possible date for groundbreaking *if* the tower could get financing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Museo Plaza: Mixed-Use For The Museum District, 58-Story High-Rise
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...