Blossom Houston: Hotel At 7118 Bertner Ave.

Urbannizer

I have been with this project since early 2015, it's actually 13 stories. The 1st to 3rd level(each 26ft in height) are added with mezzanine level respectively. A rooftop swimming pool is planned right next to a fitness center. 

Edited by Shiraishi
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Shiraishi said:

I have been with this project since early 2015, it's actually 13 stories. The 1st to 3rd level(each 26ft in height) are added with mezzanine level respectively. A rooftop swimming pool is planned right next to a fitness center. 

I was thinking the tower crane was going to run out of head room if it was going to 16 stories and the crane doesn't have a climber on it, so 13 makes sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twinsanity02 said:

Are they actually going to call it the 13th floor? I know superstitious folks think if  the 13th floor is labeled the 14th floor that magically takes care of the problem. As Spock says "that is highly illogical Captain".

Do the Chinese consider 13 unlucky though? Could be just an American superstition. Just asking cause I seriously don't know. 

• Like 1

I have driven past this site every morning going north on Bertner from O.S.T., for the past three years. The building has significantly changed the feel and the scale of this side of the bayou.

It also gives the existing boat shaped M.D. Anderson building some company and something to play off of.

"One is the loneliest number"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bobruss said:

I have driven past this site every morning going north on Bertner from O.S.T., for the past three years. The building has significantly changed the feel and the scale of this side of the bayou.

It also gives the existing boat shaped M.D. Anderson building some company and something to play off of.

"One is the loneliest number"

It's close to being in my sightline when I'm sitting at my desk.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Twinsanity02 said:

Are they actually going to call it the 13th floor? I know superstitious folks think if  the 13th floor is labeled the 14th floor that magically takes care of the problem. As Spock says "that is highly illogical Captain".

14 hours ago, hindesky said:

Do the Chinese consider 13 unlucky though? Could be just an American superstition. Just asking cause I seriously don't know. 

13 is actually fine with Chinese culture, however, anything ending with 4 is not. So during early stage planning, we have argument that if 13 has to be avoided, then 4 and 14 have to be avoided as well, which will create too many holes in a tiny piece of cheese. Therefore we stayed with 13 but claimed this is a 16 story building (which technically, partially correct). 

Edited by Shiraishi
  • Like 3

Talked with a worker rigging for the tower crane, he said it was 16 story building. If you count the floors for the southern portion it's 13 but the northern section is currently 15. I think the difference is the giant lobby sections that have very high ceilings.

aY4FZ2q.jpg

• Like 7

On 9/1/2019 at 6:49 PM, hindesky said:

I bet their electricity bills about to go down. 13 stories over the lobby area but the rest of it will be 16, currently at 15 stories.

FWIW, that entire complex of townhomes is for sale...

https://www.har.com/homedetail/1117-saint-agnes-st-a-houston-tx-77030/8668808

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 7:28 AM, ekdrm2d1 said:

1iBQrnY.jpg

Looking at this image makes it clear which way the Med center is heading. This land is between Fannin and Bertner south of Brays Bayou, and across the street from the future TMC3. This land has to be very valuable with all of the new developments under construction, or about to break ground surrounding it. This shot makes it clear how little  development has occurred in this segment of the ever expanding TMC. Just south of this area lies O.S.T. which has already been absorbed by satellite clinics, hospitals research centers, dental college, Proton Therapy center, and many more related businesses. With TMC3 in the offing, I'm sure this land is very desirous.

• Like 6