Near North Side Projects

adr

Know of any new projects happening on the Near Northside?  Let's keep track of them here.  Here is what I am following:

1) New Pegstar Music Venue

2)  Avenue Station Apartments

3) 2223 North Main Renovation

4) Hardy Rail Yards

Know of anything else happening?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a Super Neighborhood 51 meeting tomorrow night, addressing a potential New Hope Housing development. The site is rumored to be located at 1515 North Main, directly across from the Burnett Transit Center and Hardy Yards. 

I want to say I had seen a rendering for apartments at this site from a while ago. (Does that ring a bell to anyone?! I've looked and can't find it...) I don't know if I saw them on here, or something in the UHDowntown plans. Either way, I think they were speculated to be student housing at one point. 

1 hour ago, andre154 said:

There is a Super Neighborhood 51 meeting tomorrow night, addressing a potential New Hope Housing development. The site is rumored to be located at 1515 North Main, directly across from the Burnett Transit Center and Hardy Yards. 

I want to say I had seen a rendering for apartments at this site from a while ago. (Does that ring a bell to anyone?! I've looked and can't find it...) I don't know if I saw them on here, or something in the UHDowntown plans. Either way, I think they were speculated to be student housing at one point. 

Yes, there's been a huge stir about this in the Northside because people are thinking this is a new homeless shelter, which I don't believe it is.

Here's the rendering:

150416_2.jpg?format=1500w

• Like 1

This proposal was not supported by the leaders of Super Neighborhood 51. New Hope Housing said that they do not want to build in areas that they're not made welcome, so unfortunately it doesn't look like this will be progressing any time soon. It's a shame, because affordable housing (not a shelter), is something the Near Northside could use. This site is also vacant and normally has trash on it. I am supportive of this project, and hope in the future it will be presented a bit sooner, and can have some more community input.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know the history of this property or why Its being demoed?  Apparently its called Element Materials Technology.

http://swamplot.com/daily-demolition-report-broom-clean/2017-03-21/

https://www.google.com/maps/place/222+Cavalcade+St,+Houston,+TX+77009/@29.8024218,-95.3702543,794m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8640b8ec6c850c91:0xb534a8d736d0a64d!8m2!3d29.802709!4d-95.369224

I was wondering if a new development is going in.

Thanks!

• Like 2

That's Element's old facility, they moved out to 290 and the Beltway a couple of years ago and the land has been for sale since. They are an O&G / Aerospace material testing facility. 

Looks like the property is still for sale (the listing on loop net was just updated last week). My guess is they are demoing one or a few of the existing functionally obsolete buildings to make the property more marketable. 

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/19484756/222-Cavalcade-Houston-TX/

http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/30B5EBD3-4E50-46AC-8724-A9E0D9D37DB6.pdf

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...