• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any recent links on this?  I googled and found a clip from an April planning commission meeting where a variance was denied.  They did mention a 5 story parking garage

The current Residence Inn nearby definitely takes up a lot of land.  It looks like an old apartment complex from that Kroger parking lot

I've got to stop searching those things by zip code as I missed it

It's weird but Pg 270 and 271 seem out of place, like they are mixed in with the Medistar hotel documents?

Yeah that confused me for a bit as I had to look more into it to realize this was a separate project, hopefully they fix that and release more info with the final version tomorrow. 

Me wonders if the parking garage will be constructed next to the hotel, or the hotel will be constructed on top.

• 3 weeks later...

Some permitting activity on this.  No building permit yet but looks like it is going to happen:

Project Details   Project No: 15097499 Date : 2015/09/09 00:00:00 USE : NEW HOTEL Owner/Occupant : *RESIDENCE INN Job Address : 7807 KIRBY DR 77030 Valuation : $ 0 Permit Type : PX FCC Group : Hotels & Motels Buyer : *ALL TEXAS PERMITS Address : 12723 ASHFORD BROOK DR 77082 Phone : (281) 556-1883

If I recall from that planning commission meeting, this will have a 5 story parking garage.  So while it's not necessarily the sexiest project I would argue that it is substantial

As someone else previously pointed out, this should also have implications on the existing low-rise Residence Inn across the street.  It certainly takes up a pretty good chunk of land

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

More likely something around 15 stories. For example, the Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites under construction downtown is 14 stories and 186 feet.

Still, that's a substantial change to the skyline for this section of Houston. I wasn't ecstatic about this initially, but at this height it's a pretty notable addition.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived