Aurora: Condominiums At 4906 Tilbury Dr.

Fortune

have you not been paying attention? the groundswell for condo has been tremendous lately.

That's what I've been saying for quite a while now. They need to convert these proposed multi-family projects in downtown to condos. The market for condos is absolutely there.... multi-family is another story now...

• 2 weeks later...

eb83fc_32d3017d053d4cfeb2e216846ccd2b60.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/local/gray-matters/article/A-legend-returns-slightly-shorter-6482739.php#photo-8575232

Marko Dasigenis, who leads the Houston office of Philip Johnson Alan Ritchie Architects, says they designed the form from the inside-out, by giving each of the 40 units its own "direct-entry" elevator.

They've eliminated the core, basically — the common lobby and that typical configuration of corridors accessed by one or two elevators. It's an idea borrowed from New York's newest luxury condominiums, although there private elevators are only for the most expensive units or penthouses, Dasigenis said. "But in this one, we were able to find a solution so every unit has its own direct elevator. We have four units per level with two elevators. Each elevator has a door in the front and a door in the back, and with each door, you enter into a unit.

eb83fc_50326a1d0489493f993625c9972e9ab3.

This is fascinating.  I mean you'll still be sharing the elevator with 20 people, but it will have a drastically different feel.  Also, waiting for the elevator in your own condo?  You could be put off putting down your ceramic coffee mug until the last possible second.

Also, this means less common spaces to keep up - more of the expensive square footage to actually sell.

I wonder where the fire escape stairs are...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived