Former Laser Tag and Photon locations in the 80's

matty1979

Photon had only one location in Houston. They originally opened in Dallas, and then expanded at a rate of one location per city. The Chronicle gives and address of 6025 Chimney Rock. Although I'm not sure this is accurate as that was definitely a Safeway/Apple Tree store from the late 70's - early 90's. The Houston Photon location opened December of 1985 (while that address was still definitely a Safeway) No idea when Photon closed, but the net seems to think it was only open for about a year or so.

• 7 months later...

I am trying to remember the locations of these places. This was in the prime of elementary school birthday party heaven for me.

Photon was in fact at 6025 Chimney Rock in a converted supermarket.

Star Laser Force was at 5810 South Rice Avenue in a white warehouse building, which was still there last I looked (PV Rentals).

My Star Laser Force blog has lots of details about both, but primarily Star Laser Force. http://starlaserforce.blogspot.com/

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, ArchMemoH said:

did they safeway on chimney rock closed before apple tree, if it did, they probably moved to south rice?

According to HCAD it was Safeway 7598 until 1989 when it became Apple Tree 7958. It was sold again in 1991. I'm not sure if Photon rented the building out after Safeway shutdown the store, but before the building was sold. Or if it ever actually operated as an Apple Tree.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/6/2016 at 12:35 PM, WalkHomeFromSchool said:

Photon was in fact at 6025 Chimney Rock in a converted supermarket.

Star Laser Force was at 5810 South Rice Avenue in a white warehouse building, which was still there last I looked (PV Rentals).

My Star Laser Force blog has lots of details about both, but primarily Star Laser Force. http://starlaserforce.blogspot.com/

Thanks for a refresh. I loved that place as a kid. I still have my membership card somewhere.