2200 Repsdorph Rd.

Just north of where Repsdorph intersects NASA Road 1 a good size tract has been cleared of underbrush and most trees (many of which were dead anyway). Late this morning I also saw a survey crew. They were even pulling manhole covers to get the elevations of the storm sewer inverts. This tells me there must be some type of construction imminent. This is within the city limits of Seabrook.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2200+Repsdorph+Rd,+Seabrook,+TX+77586/@29.565271,-95.0414771,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x863f62664b1ca85f:0xbe406590798c3d41 

That's interesting, BigFootSocks. Lot 1 has a newly opened Valero station on the corner. The lot behind it was being cleared of dead trees yesterday. I guy in a front-end loader was bringing the tree stumps across the street to the lot just north of Bosone's auto repair and self-storage.

It was on the lot across from the two shown on the re-plat (on the east side of  Repsdorph and north of Bosone's) where I saw the survey crew. There was much more involved earth moving on that lot than on the two shown on the re-plat also.

It could be lots on both sides of the street are being developed. I pass through here frequently so I'll let everyone know of the progress. An old real estate agents sign still stands on the lot to the east of Repsdorph but I expect to see a new sign, with at least a hint of what is going on there, to appear soon.

For some reason the Harris County Clerks site is not available right now but I went to the appraisal district web site and believe I've at least identified the parcel I mentioned earlier. The address given is 2230 Repsdorph. It is on the other side of Repsdorph from the tract shown on your attachment, BigFootSocks. I will try the Harris County Clerks site later and see what I can find out.

The link below is to the appraisal district's description of the property. When I told my wife about the clearing and surveying going on she said someone she works with once told her that parcel belonged to the Catholic Church meaning the Houston-Galveston Diocese. If you go to the link, and open the window for Ownership History, it does in fact indicate that a previous owner was former bishop John L. Morkovsky. Whether that means he owned it personally or was in his name as the principal of the Diocese I don't know.

http://www.hcad.org/records/details.asp?crypt=%94%9A%B0%94%BFg%84%93%82%7Ble%8El%87tXt%60W%9E%99%A2%D3%89%95%C2e%7CU%8A%81%86%C0%AB%A8%AD%86%5E&bld=1&tab=2

• The title was changed to What Is Going On At The 2200 Block Of Repsdorph?
  • The title was changed to 2200 Repsdorph Rd.

Archived