• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Windows going in...

Work has begun !!    

http://www.2017preston.com/   http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/19617716/2017-Preston-Houston-TX/    

Posted Images

• 7 months later...
4 hours ago, wilcal said:

This property was in the Permit Report.

Permit issued on 10/06 for "(EPR) CONVERT WAREHSE TO SHELL & CORE 1-4-2-SH-B '12 IBC 100% SPK"

Not an expert, so not sure what it means. 

I'm thinking this just means they're gutting it for potential future users. Pretty sure EBR refers to the electronic review. '12 IBC refers to the construction code it needs to remain compliant to and SPK may mean sprinkler systems to remain intact? This is just from googling, could be wrong.

Can you attach the permit?

• Like 1
15 hours ago, ljchou said:

I'm thinking this just means they're gutting it for potential future users. Pretty sure EBR refers to the electronic review. '12 IBC refers to the construction code it needs to remain compliant to and SPK may mean sprinkler systems to remain intact? This is just from googling, could be wrong.

12 IBC is the 2012 International Building Code (why "international" when it is a United States thing IDK). That is the code the City of Houston follows with its own amendments. Yes, there are more recent versions of the IBC but adoption by a governmental authority usually takes action by the legislative body. In this case that would be City Council. That does not necessarily mean the 2012 code is deficient nor that the more recent editions have introduced undesirable requirements. Other municipalities have adopted the 2015 IBC or the 2018 IBC.

I'm sure SPK  means sprinklered. For years codes have been written to encourage installing sprinklers in buildings.

I sure want to see this building occupied. It is a great example of an early 20th Century commercial structure.

Edited by Specwriter
added information
18 hours ago, ljchou said:

I don't see how to get access to the permit online unfortunately. I think that it can be viewed in person for free, but ain't nobody got time for that. 

2 hours ago, Specwriter said:

12 IBC is the 2012 International Building Code (why "international" when it is a United States thing IDK). That is the code the City of Houston follows with its own amendments. Yes, there are more recent versions of the IBC but adoption by a governmental authority usually takes action by the legislative body. In this case that would be City Council. That does not necessarily mean the 2012 code is deficient nor that the more recent editions have introduced undesirable requirements. Other municipalities have adopted the 2015 IBC or the 2018 IBC.

I'm sure SPK  means sprinklered. For years codes have been written to encourage installing sprinklers in buildings.

I sure want to see this building occupied. It is a great example of an early 20th Century commercial structure.

Supposedly adopting a new standard is coming. Not sure which year.