Villas At Eastwood: Affordable Housing At 1933 Hussion St.

In my opinion I have a feeling that Krogers would go at the anchor spot. Walmart is on wayside and HEB is at Gulfgate. Krogers would be a good store for that neighborhood especially with the increase in housing for UH. 

That is the page that a Walmart was discussed.  But, rereading it does not actually confirm a Wally World at this location.  I think someone was just looking at the map from Lovett Commercial that shows a "Future Walmart" further down I-45 at Wayside. 

In my opinion I have a feeling that Krogers would go at the anchor spot. Walmart is on wayside and HEB is at Gulfgate. Krogers would be a good store for that neighborhood especially with the increase in housing for UH. 

That makes complete sense. Just move from their older location down the street.

so, it looks like they are going to keep the Fingers Furniture building's slab, using it as a parking lot.

My late friend Gonzo did a survey on it for his engineering firm... he said that slab and cockroaches are the only things that will survive a nuclear war, it's so thick.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

http://houston.novusagenda.com/agendapublic/CoverSheet.aspx?ItemID=9462&MeetingID=219

ORDINANCE appropriating $2,050,000.00 from the TIRZ Affordable Housing Fund; approving and authorizing loan of the appropriated funds and $3,900,000.00 of Federal Home Investment Partnership Funds from the City of Houston to HARRIS COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY to assist with development of Fenix Estates, a 200 unit Affordable Housing Community, located in the vicinity of 3815 Gulf Freeway, In Houston, Texas

The Housing and Community Development Department (HCDD) recommends Council approve a $5,950,000 loan between the City of Houston and Harris County Housing Authority for the construction of a 200-unit multifamily rental complex for families. The HOME funds of $3,900,000 will be provided as a performance based, forgivable loan that will operate as a grant. The $2,050,000 TIRZ funds will be an actual loan to be repaid over a 20 year timeframe. This new complex will have supportive services space for case managers, health providers, other social services, and space for HCHA central office operations. Total project costs are anticipated to be $46,212,536 of which $39,280,655 is for the residential component. In exchange for HCDD's funding, up to 70 units will be designated by the City as Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) units, and 110 units will be designated by Harris County as PSH. 

Located at 1-45 and Cullen, the area around Fenix Estates has numerous amenities that provide for future residents' transportation, shopping, educational, medical, cultural, recreational and spiritual needs. Besides direct access to 1-45 by car, residents have the option of using METRO's Southeast light rail line and buses at the nearby transit center. The area has also been identified for revitalization by Lovett Commercial, which has plans for retail and restaurant developments to be located next to the Fenix Estates community.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

21 hours ago, andre154 said:

This is likely a new topic, but Aspen Heights is platting a new development this week: Aspen Lockwood. 

19 hours ago, intencity77 said:

Interesting. Any idea where specifically on Lockwood this development will be?

There have long been rumors that someone was going to build student housing at the old Macy's facility, maybe this is going to be it?

14 minutes ago, samagon said:

There have long been rumors that someone was going to build student housing at the old Macy's facility, maybe this is going to be it?

If that rumor is true then maybe Lovett, who currently owns the old Macy’s warehouse site, sold off a large parcel to Aspen. Nothing as of yet to reflect that on Lovett’s Commercial site. The leasing page is still showing a Burlington and Palais Royal store as part of that redevelopment. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived