Ken Stabler has passed At Age 69

Purpledevil

That's weird

That is weird, but retraction or not, Kenny Stabler did pass away yesterday. I clicked on the Fox Sports link provided by mkultra and it gives details of his life, career, death, etc. Mkultra, what did the retraction say at the time you linked it?

Apparently, Fox has retracted their retraction. Journalism sure ain't what it used to be.

Yeah, looks like the Tuscaloosa News jumped the gun on publishing the obit, then after a lot of other media outlets had already picked up their story and run with it, they retracted it. Not the first time something like that has happened when a celebrity is near death. 

When I saw the linked item, the URL still indicated that he'd died, but the headline and body of the piece were devoted to coverage of the Tuscaloosa News retraction.

John McClain's piece in the Chronicle about Stabler is worth reading, including a great story about the Snake showing up before a game in New York with a crippling hangover:

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/columnists/mcclain/article/Stabler-leaves-colorful-legacy-including-stint-6376762.php

Smoking in locker rooms, playing hungover...man, I miss the old NFL.

• The title was changed to Ken Stabler has passed At Age 69

Archived