Sign in to follow this  
Blue Dogs

Houston Mayor Annise Parker (D)'s political future

With the clock ticking down on 3-term Houston Mayor Annise Parker (D)'s administration in which she's got 5 months left, there's discussion on whether she'll run for political office again in the future. We can pretty guess that her plans is in the Executive Branch & she's also considering running for statewide or countywide office in the next election cycle. She's flatly REFUSED to run for Congress-period!

http://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/news/will-houston-mayor-annise-parker-run-for-office-again/

Ladies & Gentlemen, I want everyone to bring their input on which political office do you see her running for?

A. Harris County Judge in 2018

B. TX Railroad Commissioner in 2016

C. TX Lieutenant Governor in 2018

D. United States Senator in 2018 (Would be fun to watch Cruz-Parker showdown)

E. TX Governor in 2018

post-9343-0-76399200-1436378329_thumb.jp

Edited by Blue Dogs

Tough call, but I think the most realistic thing she could win is judge. I think the Dem gov runner in 2018 will be Hispanic (possibly one of the brothers from San Antonio).

I think her strength may be more administration than politics (which works really well for a strong mayor city).  I suspect her most likely scenario is a high level appointment in a new Clinton administration, or possibly even in a Republican administration (don't they usually try to cross the aisle for a few high-level appointments?).

• Like 1

Great point, Tory. An appointment didn't even occur to me but something in the next Dem administration would make a lot more sense. Given the supreme court decision it could also be a savy political move.

• Like 1

Could definitely see her at HUD in the next administration. It's possibly more likely in a Republican administration.

• Like 1