COH final round Storm debris collection

trymahjong

from Cohen enewsletter

The Solid Waste Department has begun its final round of storm debris collection for residents impacted by the extreme weather over Memorial Day weekend. In District C, pickup will be based on the following schedule:

Monday, July 20, 2015
Northwest Region
(west of I-45 North and north of I-10 West)

Monday, July 27, 2015
Southwest Region
(west of 288 South and south of I-10 West)

Residents must have all debris curbside by 7AM on their designated day of collection and items should be placed away from fire hydrants, mailboxes, power lines, and other objects that will obstruct safe pickup. Debris should be sorted into the following categories when possible:

Appliances: air conditioners, dishwashers, freezers, refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, and water heaters
Construction and Demolition Debris: building materials, carpet, drywall, furniture, lumber, mattresses, and plumbing
Electronics: computers, radios, stereos, televisions, and other devices with a cord
Household Hazardous Waste: cleaning supplies, batteries, lawn chemicals, oils, oil-based paints, stains, and pesticides
Vegetative Debris: leaves (do not put in bags), logs, plants, tree branches
Please note that normal household trash and bagged debris of any kind will not be picked up with storm debris.

REMINDER!
TWO Flood Recovery Workshops TONIGHT
Evelyn Rubenstein Jewish Community Center
5601 S. Braeswood, 77096
5PM - 6:30PM & 7PM - 8:30PM

During this meeting, Federal and City officials will present requirements for filing claims and permitting repairs, which are unique for each individual structure impacted by flooding. In addition, beginning at 4PM, residents with proper documentation of their home values and the cost estimate of repairs will be able to visit with experts to have specific questions answered, including whether their homes are considered to be ‘substantially damaged’ by FEMA guidelines.

Please note that residents whose homes are located in the floodplain must contact the FMO prior to making repairs: (832) 394-8854 or fmo@houstontx.gov.

Archived