Texas Tower: 47-Story Office Tower At 845 Texas Ave.

democide

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it have to be either a glass tower or restoration?

What about another Aris @ Market square?

A mixture of old and new?

A 50 floor mixed use tower that respects the traditional feel of the area to the north but incorporates the newer designs of the buildings to the south.

In a classy way combine the Esperson (I know it is actually a couple blocks south) with Penzoil. But not in a Randall Davis way, more in the Aris way. A traditional feel work a modern award winning twist.

Why does it have to be either a glass tower or restoration?

What about another Aris @ Market square?

A mixture of old and new?

A 50 floor mixed use tower that respects the traditional feel of the area to the north but incorporates the newer designs of the buildings to the south.

In a classy way combine the Esperson (I know it is actually a couple blocks south) with Penzoil. But not in a Randall Davis way, more in the Aris way. A traditional feel work a modern award winning twist.

Seconded.

moo. Too much "traditional" going on already. We need a new architectural art-piece for Downtown. Something very modern, raises the bar and stands out, yet classy. Hines may stick to Pickard Chilton which is nice, but their recent designs are pretty similar to one another and I'm sure they can do more. Hopefully Hines goes with SOM or Zaza Hadid, even though the latter may be extreme for them. The chronicle block a +50 office tower and the garage block a ~40 story 5-star hotel with condo units above.

• Like 7

Yeah I was wondering about parking too.. There is an underground garage planned for 400-500 parking spaces, but obviously they would need more. I'm not sure of Seattles parking situation/how developers generally do things (if anyone knows, I'd be interested to learn more.. In Houston we have this mindset that every office tower needs a big garage podium at its base). Maybe they'll lease space from a nearby garage?

Edited by cloud713

I agree, they probably don't have any other parking planned for the tower, which is why I asked how Seattle developers handle parking situations/was wondering where the rest of the people might park. The plans call for 700,000 sq ft of office space, and 15,000 sq ft of retail.. 500 parking spaces wouldn't be enough.

i like it how our example of what could be better is a SKANSKA project in another city when they have the eyesore of a parking garage here.....

Patience, Grasshopper.  If they stay even remotely close to the renderings when the tower is eventually done we'll never notice the parking podium.

I agree, they probably don't have any other parking planned for the tower, which is why I asked how Seattle developers handle parking situations/was wondering where the rest of the people might park. The plans call for 700,000 sq ft of office space, and 15,000 sq ft of retail.. 500 parking spaces wouldn't be enough.

Based on what exactly? "The rest of the people" will either park in existing garages or on the street, or take transit or a bike in. 

What's the breakdown of commute type in Seattle? I assume its different from Houston, though I have no idea by how much.

• 1 month later...

I talked with a Harvey supervisor at the Hines 609 Main project during the luffer removal, he said they are going to demo the building this summer and make it surface parking lot and wait for the local economy to improve before they build something on this block.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, hindesky said:

I talked with a Harvey supervisor at the Hines 609 Main project during the luffer removal, he said they are going to demo the building this summer and make it surface parking lot and wait for the local economy to improve before they build something on this block.

Well there's a shock!  <_<

Demoing this block is something too get excited about if you ask me. Prepares the land for something Going Up! next cycle. They could decide just to leave the existing building vacant. I actually prefer an empty parking lot for this block for now. We'll get a better project next time around than we would if they began something now.   

33 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

Demoing this block is something too get excited about if you ask me. Prepares the land for something Going Up! next cycle. They could decide just to leave the existing building vacant. I actually prefer an empty parking lot for this block for now. We'll get a better project next time around than we would if they began something now.   

Demoing the building also will make it easier to forget about the Chronicle's existence.

• Like 3