Jump to content

Texas Tower (Block 58) By Hines, 47-Story Office Tower


democide

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, hindesky said:

 Liquor permits for Delilah's and Ella or Etta, hard to see from a distance. Awnings over the sidewalks looks like either wood or Corten steel. Sidewalk brick.

oWAXD1I.jpg

qDhF2tI.jpg

Etta

   On 6/16/2021 at 1:35 PM,  Houston19514said: 

Retail Leasing Flyer for Texas Tower

Chicago-based Italian restaurant Etta will take one of the spaces; likely Texas @ Travis

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hines to open The Square coworking space in future 47-story Houston tower

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2021/09/22/hines-to-open-the-square-texas-tower.html

Houston-based Hines will open a third location of its coworking product in Texas Tower when the 47-story office tower opens early next year.

The Square at Texas Tower will occupy 18,000 square feet on the downtown Houston building’s mezzanine level, overlooking the lobby. The Square will offer a range of flexible workspaces for tenants with the feel of a hospitality environment, the company said. Hines will oversee The Square at Texas Tower as part of its property management division.

u9yHosq.png

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/5/2021 at 3:51 PM, hindesky said:

 Liquor permits for Delilah's and Ella or Etta, hard to see from a distance. Awnings over the sidewalks looks like either wood or Corten steel. Sidewalk brick.

oWAXD1I.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Delilah's is the second Texas Tower restaurant from Chicago restaurant group What If Syndicate (Etta being the other as shared in a previous post in the thread).

No clue what the menu will center on at Delilah's yet. It's a new concept. Another is under construction in Chicago.

I'm sure both will have beautiful interiors.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2021 at 8:39 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

 

Delilah's is the second Texas Tower restaurant from Chicago restaurant group What If Syndicate (Etta being the other as shared in a previous post in the thread).

No clue what the menu will center on at Delilah's yet. It's a new concept. Another is under construction in Chicago.

I'm sure both will have beautiful interiors.

It seems like they would have some trademark problems with the existing Delilah's in Chicago.  http://www.delilahschicago.com

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kbates2 said:

But it's the same company right?  No trademark problems with yourself.

No, I don't see any indication that it's the same company.  The Delilah's I linked has been operating since 1993.  IntheKnow told us that the Delilah's being developed by What If Syndicate is a new concept currently under construction in Chicago.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

It seems like they would have some trademark problems with the existing Delilah's in Chicago.  http://www.delilahschicago.com

 

When reading about Delilah's on What Now Chicago (a mix of Vox Media's Curbed and Eater), I thought the same.

But may since one is a bar and the other a restaurant, maybe not?

I'm not well-versed on trademark infringement, so I really don't know.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There seem to be Delilah's in Philadelphia, Las Vegas, West Hollywood and elsewhere.  You pick a person's name for a restaurant/bar, I think you pretty much give up on trademarking.  If you drop the "h" at the end, you've got places in Zumbro Falls, Minnesota and Columbia, Missouri too. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nate99 said:

There seem to be Delilah's in Philadelphia, Las Vegas, West Hollywood and elsewhere.  You pick a person's name for a restaurant/bar, I think you pretty much give up on trademarking.  If you drop the "h" at the end, you've got places in Zumbro Falls, Minnesota and Columbia, Missouri too. 

For example, Delilah’s in Philly is a strip club that Ben Simmons may have visited after getting kicked out of Sixers practice yesterday. 

Delilah has great timing lol 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nate99 said:

There seem to be Delilah's in Philadelphia, Las Vegas, West Hollywood and elsewhere.  You pick a person's name for a restaurant/bar, I think you pretty much give up on trademarking.  If you drop the "h" at the end, you've got places in Zumbro Falls, Minnesota and Columbia, Missouri too. 

So, you think you could start a restaurant named, just to pick a person's name at random, ... Wendy's?  😉

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2021 at 11:08 AM, Houston19514 said:

So, you think you could start a restaurant named, just to pick a person's name at random, ... Wendy's?  😉

Fair point, but you can get pretty close as long as it's not a Coming to America/McDowell's type situation and/or you set up shop in Barbados or Australia. 

Home (wendyssportsbar.com)

Wendi's Bar Apple Springs, TX 75926 - 55 Reviews and Photos - Restaurantji

Home - Wendy's Milk Bar (wendysmilkbar.com)

Online Menu of Wendy's Steakhouse & Tavern, Ephrata, WA (menupix.com)

Online Menu of Wendy's KraVuN KaJuN SeaFooD Restaurant, Clyde, Texas, 79510 - Zmenu

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nate99 said:

Funny that you mention Australia. Burger King lost a trademark suit against a small retailer and is known as Hungry Jack's there. But to your point, companies with names of people, cities, or other "public domain" words in their names have an extremely difficult time defending trademark rights.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/28/2021 at 1:28 PM, Luminare said:

This building has been getting some nice coverage courtesy of Fox during the World Series. Talk about great scheduling when your point of substantial completion is during coverage of the World Series. Almost like they planned it.

Some of those shots of downtown on FOX are awesome! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...