Texas Tower (Block 58) By Hines, 47-Story Office Tower

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is from Sunday.     

The glass on the garage is starting to be installed.

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

image.png.ad8539a6681185a1c5e460bbfddea0d1.png

^^^ in this particular illustration, we can finally see that the TEXAS TOWER is actually exceeding (slightly) the height of 609 MAIN.  remarkable...

Edited by monarch
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, brijonmang said:

Dusk

Now if we can only light up the crown with LED lighting, along with 609 Main. Still hate that only a small portion of 609 Main’s crown is lit instead of the full blade. 

Why can’t this city light up its skyline better? 

• Like 8
6 hours ago, enriquewx91 said:

Will the crown light up?

I think it does have its own lighting system, yes. Its why its see through glass and not something else.

In other news, my trip to Houston ended and I caught some more pics on the way out:

SEGXjwD.jpg

QqiMXC8.jpg

Despite how imposing the building is from the northern approach, its prominence is rather miniscule from the southern TX-288/I-69 approach. It seems JP Morgan is just enough to hide it in most angles:

UDRd64C.jpg

• Like 9

Retail Leasing Flyer for Texas Tower

Chicago-based Italian restaurant Etta will take one of the spaces; likely Texas @ Travis

More good news:  The same company bringing Etta to Texas Tower has also leased the Pavilion space (the round part) for another concept.  https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2021/06/16/what-if-syndicate-etta-restaurant-texas-tower.html?utm_source=st&utm_medium=en&utm_campaign=ae&utm_content=ho&ana=e_ho_ae&j=24169560&senddate=2021-06-16

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 5