democide

Texas Tower (Block 58) by Hines, 47-Story Office Tower

@hindesky @Purdueenginerd From my eyes it looks like they are getting a floor done between 1 1/2 weeks - 2 weeks. They are at around the 3rd level of parking (9 levels of parking total from the section I remember). You fellas think we should be seeing them get to the actual tower portion around beginning of October? Once they get there it should start rising faster as the floor plates and layouts are much simpler.

• Like 2

Using an estimate of one floor every 12 days: 26 days for August, 30 days for Sept, perhaps by October 16th they begin on the tower portion. All bets are off if a hurricane sneaks in.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Luminare said:

@hindesky @Purdueenginerd From my eyes it looks like they are getting a floor done between 1 1/2 weeks - 2 weeks. They are at around the 3rd level of parking (9 levels of parking total from the section I remember). You fellas think we should be seeing them get to the actual tower portion around beginning of October? Once they get there it should start rising faster as the floor plates and layouts are much simpler.

Im not sure how much faster it will go. Yeah the floor plates will be simpler but... theyre going awfully fast already haha. 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Luminare said:

That is pretty much what happened with 609 Main. Sped up when they got to the tower portion. I don't think it would be any different here.

Edited by H-Town Man
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, enriquewx91 said:

tbh we won't see it from this angle at the rate this is going up. The view will be blocked by the construction

No,  but we'll just get new angles from this view allowing us to see both. I'm confident that with our cadre of cameramen and women,  focused on this mission, we'll have great images of both coming out of the ground. 

• Like 2

On 7/26/2019 at 7:47 AM, ekdrm2d1 said:

Saw a Con Forms Spider 18-3 placing boom hovering in the air yesterday.  At very first glace, I thought it was a huge drone :ph34r:

8zLUBC6.jpg

the NASA moon lander has become very advanced.

I can see in this guys office from my office:

hNTesWX.jpg

• Like 7

Holy crap, are they already on floors 6/7? The speed they are working at is pretty unusual, no? 

• Like 2

Unfortunate news this morning:

A man climbed the north crane overnight at some point and fell, killing him, according to police on site this morning. Workers found him dead on the top of the site.

It was grim seeing them use the crane to remove him to the ground.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Unknown, but police told me that the first call came in about 6:30 when workers were arriving to the site. The specific wording they used was the man "jumped or fell" after "crawling" on the crane. Sounded like it wasn't a worker to me, but neither police nor the Gilbane rep would confirm.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

On 8/24/2019 at 10:45 AM, keaton said:

Unknown, but police told me that the first call came in about 6:30 when workers were arriving to the site. The specific wording they used was the man "jumped or fell" after "crawling" on the crane. Sounded like it wasn't a worker to me, but neither police nor the Gilbane rep would confirm.

Really sad to hear. To me, my initial thoughts are it may have been one of the photographers you see on social media and instagram who scale buildings and cranes to get shots of the city.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 10:45 AM, keaton said:

Can't find any mention in the local media but that's not too surprising. Not the first time an accidental death has gone unreported.

If it wasn't a worker, then it was someone being crazy or stupid, no less of a tragedy, but if gravity didn't get them something else would have in short order. 

• Like 2

Thats really unfortunate for the victim, and the secondary fact of the workers that have to deal with seeing that. When people fall from those kind of heights, its not like the movies, and is way way uglier. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Another concrete tower pump was installed.

CIdAznd.jpg

Good, it's about time they started making moves to actually get this project moving

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

9 hours ago, brijonmang said:

Good, it's about time they started making moves to actually get this project moving

I know right? They weren't going fast enough. I think they need a third tower crane.

• Like 3

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/31/business/tax-opportunity-zones.html

Houston made the N.Y. Times with the Texas Tower project as part of the “Opportunity Zone” tax incentive program the Trump administration instigated.  I wonder how many Trump or Kushner developments will benefit from this program??

EDIT:  The Preston is part of the Opportunity Zone incentive, not Texas Tower.

Edited by MarathonMan
  • Like 1

Timelapse of some construction on the tower yesterday.

Edited by jermh
Fixing Link.
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Using drone technology to monitor Texas Tower project

https://dronedj.com/2019/07/02/commercial-property-drone-technology/

hgy9Apl.jpg

3MYk0N9.jpg

That is the same company I came across on the Hines Colombe D' Or project taking pictures of the building to make sure contractors were building according to the blueprints. Neat technology. Workers better be aware if they're goofing off.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, bobruss said:

Went down today to check on the progress of the Texas Tower, first hand, and it is impressive in person. The way the building sits on the block makes it look overwhelming when approaching from the east or west. It is massive. I also like the detail of the notches in the Travis and Milam sides of the building. It will make adefining crease in the facade of the building, while breaking up the east and west sides, that will really have an impact when the building is glazed and topped out. This is going to be a very impressive structure and will definitely change the overall dynamics of the surrounding blocks. 

Definitely agree. It's going to extend the "canyon" feeling at street level on Travis and Milam given how much it fills up the block and how tall the podium will be.  It's big. 

• Like 9

Can they call off the final cladding and leave it exposed concrete with steel stairs like this? Because this is neat.

2 hours ago, Texasota said:

Can they call off the final cladding and leave it exposed concrete with steel stairs like this? Because this is neat.

The cladding may help a bit with LEED certification... :ph34r:

• Like 1