Texas Tower: 47-Story Office Tower At 845 Texas Ave.

democide

32 minutes ago, Purdueenginerd said:

The renderings from the North west make it look taller, but take a look at the renderings from Minute Maid Park, it appears shorter. I think that is a better comparison shot since the two buildings are relatively "straight on" from the ball park. Whereas from the North West, its a little more perspective insofar that the new building is "closer to the camera"

All of this is arguing semantics since were not sure how closely the rendering is modeled with "realty" But my personal opinion is that this building will be relatively close in height to 609 Main.

Edit: I could be wrong though, The view from Minute maid would also have 609 main "2 blocks closer" so the same perspective issue could apply. 

The height should not be determined by looking at a rendering. Perspective makes the closest object or building appear larger than it might be to objects that are farther away. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Triton said:

Might just be one tower with different design elements but it's definitely not one market square. They're not going to market a competitor. 

Good point that they're not going to market for a competitor.

But it seems to me that it's two buildings because if that's one building it wouldn't fit on the footprint they're building it on, it's too wide to be just one building.

44 minutes ago, lockmat said:

Good point that they're not going to market for a competitor.

But it seems to me that it's two buildings because if that's one building it wouldn't fit on the footprint they're building it on, it's too wide to be just one building.

I agree... but it’s definitely 1MS unless someone’s planning to build on market square park (not happening)

18 hours ago, Timoric said:

Be interesting to see this pic with the building that has just the garage portion built across the street, that would be nice to get out of the ground too.

I don't understand the rendering where it appears as though one of the top office levels of this building is taller than the peak of 609 Main. A previous post above mine states this building will be 735 feet tall while 609 Main is actually a taller building at 756 feet.

Edited by wxman

15 hours ago, Purdueenginerd said:

The renderings from the North west make it look taller, but take a look at the renderings from Minute Maid Park, it appears shorter. I think that is a better comparison shot since the two buildings are relatively "straight on" from the ball park. Whereas from the North West, its a little more perspective insofar that the new building is "closer to the camera"

All of this is arguing semantics since were not sure how closely the rendering is modeled with "realty" But my personal opinion is that this building will be relatively close in height to 609 Main.

Edit: I could be wrong though, The view from Minute maid would also have 609 main "2 blocks closer" so the same perspective issue could apply. 

19 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

From this image you can see the atrium levels are about the same height as 609 Main's crown.

42772949114_08e4a9faed_h.jpg

Here it appears taller as well.

I think this image is the most "true" when it comes to height.  It's basically a dead on look across at 609.  Hard to say it will be taller because you can't see the crown in this render but it looks like it will be pretty darn close one way or the other.

12 hours ago, PAC said:

1) the building is 735’ tall.

2) the rendering on the left is Block 42 residential (it’s one building not two).  

2 hours ago, pm91 said:

Really hope they're not demolishing Hogg Palace on Block 42

1 hour ago, Naviguessor said:

^^ No Plans to do that.  The Hines Residential Building will take the place of the Parking Garage on the other half of the block. 

If that's one building, there's no way Hogg Place survives. It's way too wide to only fit on the garage footprint.

It looks to be L-shaped.

3 minutes ago, Triton said:

Hogg Palace Lofts is 100% staying. Hines doesn't even own that portion of the property.

Then something is wrong with that rendering. There's no way that building is fitting on the garage footprint.

Just now, lockmat said:

Then something is wrong with that rendering. There's no way that building is fitting on the garage footprint.

I am convinced it is 1MQ because of that curved side that goes into the fin in their proposal.

18 hours ago, lockmat said:

m653pZP_PEvws2pea75iAKAFPQTyZhhSJN65Y4bKlj7bZiPLjLXpG6Y4q0vXfVxuGdAhCWNPov4=w284-h437-no

eXVMxtQOukdv1MoOdpO7lOzuKfZolydcdphdmrqaAPb4sJNrJdiXBEWrkTPfkyXFq-Bxaq4Z4mY=w328-h325-no

As you can see, Calpine and the garage are about the same width.

Portion #1 in the top rendering is about the same width as Calpine. #1 & #2 combined are without a doubt wider than Calpine. What this concludes, I don't know. Could just be the worst scaled rendering of all time.

11 minutes ago, Avossos said:

I am convinced it is 1MQ because of that curved side that goes into the fin in their proposal.

Its not. The curve on One Market Square is planned to face west/north west. The curve on that rendering is the southwest corner of the building.

That must be the “twisting balcony” design element that I was told about. Admittedly I’m a bit underwhelmed with it, but I’m sure once we get more info and detailed renderings it will look better.

8 minutes ago, PAC said:

Why would Hines render someone else's project - I promise you its the Block 42 development only.  

20 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

41682248490_74cb4340b2_h.jpg

Then I'm voting it the worst scaled rendering of all time. Because the office tower is only showing to be about 13 stories shorter than Chase and it's right across the street so there is no distance distortion.

Edited by lockmat

12 minutes ago, lockmat said:

eXVMxtQOukdv1MoOdpO7lOzuKfZolydcdphdmrqaAPb4sJNrJdiXBEWrkTPfkyXFq-Bxaq4Z4mY=w328-h325-no

As you can see, Calpine and the garage are about the same width.

Portion #1 in the top rendering is about the same width as Calpine. #1 & #2 combined are without a doubt wider than Calpine. What this concludes, I don't know. Could just be the worst scaled rendering of all time.

I think the walls with different materials/depths are tricking people’s eyes. I think it’s basically a rectangle following the existing garage footprint, but with the southwest corner “sliced off”, for a pool area/amenity deck I’m sure.

Lockmat, your illustration with the numbers 1 & 2 drawn on it are of the San Franciso tower that Pelli has just designed. They have nothing to do with our skyline.

In the aerial view above with the red lines it depicts the 1/2 block that is adjacent to the Hogg Palace, which is not coming down.

This is the site for  proposed high rise tower that we have no illustrations for yet. The new Pelli tower is on the old Chronicle block which 

is a full sized block. The new tower by Pelli, is turned 45 degrees on the lot so that it has more interesting views. It will sit on a base that will be configured on the block like a normal podium

1 hour ago, bobruss said:

Lockmat, your illustration with the numbers 1 & 2 drawn on it are of the San Franciso tower that Pelli has just designed. They have nothing to do with our skyline.

In the aerial view above with the red lines it depicts the 1/2 block that is adjacent to the Hogg Palace, which is not coming down.

This is the site for  proposed high rise tower that we have no illustrations for yet. The new Pelli tower is on the old Chronicle block which 

is a full sized block. The new tower by Pelli, is turned 45 degrees on the lot so that it has more interesting views. It will sit on a base that will be configured on the block like a normal podium

My rendering is cropped from the Hines office rendering, which is part of our skyline. Are you saying they used a building from San Francisco?

1 hour ago, blakevirgilio said:

Here are more image

image (22).jpg

29 minutes ago, Twinsanity02 said:

Clever how the buildings are angled. If the International Tower is ever built it will not block the view of 58 or 42. 

1 hour ago, cloud713 said:

I think the walls with different materials/depths are tricking people’s eyes. I think it’s basically a rectangle following the existing garage footprint, but with the southwest corner “sliced off”, for a pool area/amenity deck I’m sure.

Problem solved. That was some major mind tricks the rendering pulled off.

Also, I wonder if they also angled the building to protect the view of Chase? It's a Hines building, right? Covering Chase up would only lessen it's value and asking price.

Edited by lockmat