Texas Tower: 47-Story Office Tower At 845 Texas Ave.

democide

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the steel work coming together for the mat. The angle that this is laid out on the block, will create some nice play with the other buildings. Also the fact that there will be so many different roof lines. It will look great silhouetted against the Chase(Texas Commerce) building, and the new to be built high rise  to its west.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Triton said:

Guess it will be called the Texas Tower until a major tenant comes on board?

Vinson & Elkins has already signed on as an anchor tenant, I think. Hines has also announced they're moving to this tower.  "Texas Tower" has a nice alliterative flow and also appeals to Texan nationalism.  This one might actually be here to stay.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, houstontexasjack said:

Vinson & Elkins has already signed on as an anchor tenant, I think. Hines has also announced they're moving to this tower.  "Texas Tower" has a nice alliterative flow and also appeals to Texan nationalism.  This one might actually be here to stay.

...or you know because its on Texas Ave maybe? Like how they are naming their other tower as The Preston because its on Preston St.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luminare said:

...or you know because its on Texas Ave maybe? Like how they are naming their other tower as The Preston because its on Preston St.

The Press Release indicated the name was due to the tower being on Texas Ave.  "Capitol Tower" was similarly named for being on Capitol St, but changed later.  My point was that the moniker "Texas Tower" might actually stick around for those other reasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, H-Town Man said:

I hope it dies. That site should be a hotel.

I actually agree with you. I think now that we are getting this one it frees up that site so much. However with the parking podium already built it will probably be that instead of something different. Hotel would be a great idea. Right next to one of the better parks in Houston.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

A massive hotel! 

I’d thought a W-branded hotel would be nice next to Market Square Park, although we’ll have one by Discovery Green. I wonder if a Conrad-branded property might work here.

Edit: Removed Double Post from Glitch.

Edited by houstontexasjack
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, lockmat said:

Anyone else not in love with this design?

Even if the architecture seems more pragmatic than a design flourish, the angles and street orientation seem certain to contribute to the drama of the skyline as a whole especially seen from the northside.  Other than peering out from car windows coming into town from I-45, it's too bad there's no substantial public space to view it from the northern edge like there is for the western view.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nonenadazilch said:

Even if the architecture seems more pragmatic than a design flourish, the angles and street orientation seem certain to contribute to the drama of the skyline as a whole especially seen from the northside.  Other than peering out from car windows coming into town from I-45, it's too bad there's no substantial public space to view it from the northern edge like there is for the western view.

How about the Ravens tower at White Oak music venue?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lockmat said:

The way the parking garage spreads out in the renderings makes the tower portion seem puny. I have to remind myself that this is going to be over 700 feet tall. I wasn't a big fan of the renderings for 609 Main and people on here called it "the Whataburger tower" but when it was built, it turned out better than rendered.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lockmat said:

We tend to get bigger structures that are a decade behind the design curve. So maybe not in love but rather déjà vu. It’s crisp and clean without risk. Really what we’ve been used to, the 1100 Louisiana’s, 3 Allen Center’s, First City Towers. Sure they’re not award winners, however, they still look good collectively and age very well.

Still waiting for the new generation of Pennzoils & Nations Banks. 

• Like 5