Texas Tower: 47-Story Office Tower At 845 Texas Ave.

democide

8 minutes ago, thatguysly said:

And Block 58 is listed as 50 stories

The document is from late December. An article from May mentions 48 stories (36 office levels, 12 parking).

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/32336-chronicle-building-710-preston-st-redevelopment-by-hines/?do=findComment&comment=568264

• Like 1

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In one of the rendering images it shows it to be either just as tall as 609 Main or slightly taller. It's location and height also extends the skyline in a direction that really needed it. 

The design is underwhelming than what I imagined but still a good looking building. Nothing great about it's crown but I'll take it. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Hines-launches-next-generation-office-tower-13083568.php

The Hines development firm is starting construction on its newest downtown tower, a 47-story skyscraper on Texas Avenue that the company says represents a revolutionary shift in the way it approaches office building design.

The Houston-based developer, which will move its own global headquarters to the building after more than 45 years in the Galleria area, said the design is laser focused on the needs of modern office tenants and their desire to attract the best workers in their fields, many of whom fall into the under-40 demographic.

“It’s every firm — energy, finance, legal, accounting — anyone trying to recruit and retain is a candidate for this building,” said John Mooz, senior managing director for Hines’ southwest region.

In addition to the Hines lease, Vinson & Elkins, the largest and one of the oldest law firms in Houston, will occupy the top seven floors. The firm signed a 16-year lease for 212,000 square feet of space.

Visually, the 1 million-square-foot tower will be a striking addition to the skyline by rising diagonally from the 800 block of Texas Avenue. Linear “sky atriums” will run vertically along the tower, a design element that aims to bring a feeling of the outdoors inside.

The building will combine the best elements of Hines’ other projects, the company said, including under-floor air systems, an abundance of natural light, active gathering areas and outdoor spaces.

“It’s intended to capture many of our best practices from around the world,” Mooz said.

The yet-to-be-named building project is a partnership between Hines and Ivanhoé Cambridge, a Canadian development and investment firm.

Architecture firm Pelli Clarke Pelli designed the signature tower to the highest standards that Hines has ever built in Houston, the developer said. The two firms have collaborated on buildings in other major cities and were responsible for the recently opened, instantly iconic Salesforce Tower in San Francisco.

1600x1600.jpg

1600x1600.jpg

1600x1600.jpg

• Like 1

Wow that is cool looking. A little thinner than I expected but I'll take it.

Hines is breaking ground on a 47-story office tower downtown it says will be a �next-generation� building, drawing from research and best practices from its other properties around the world. The building will provide multiple gathering spaces, co-working options and a unique design where it will be diagonally positioned on a square downtown block and offer glass-enclosed �sky atriums� that tenants can customize. Photo: Renderings Courtesy Of Hines

Hines is breaking ground on a 47-story office tower downtown it says will be a �next-generation� building, drawing from research and best practices from its other properties around the world. The building will provide multiple gathering spaces, co-working options and a unique design where it will be diagonally positioned on a square downtown block and offer glass-enclosed �sky atriums� that tenants can customize. Photo: Renderings Courtesy Of Hines

As Urby posted, looks like the residential tower is to the left in this rendering (Just a tad taller than the Market Square Tower it would appear):

1600x1600.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, urbanize713 said:

Pelli returns to Houston, I think once the high res images come out it will grown on more people. Definitely different, which is a welcomed change. 

11 minutes ago, urbanize713 said:

Pelli returns to Houston! Awesome, I think once the high res images come out it will grow on more people. Definitely different which is a welcomed change. 

You can say that again

Oh it's grown on me already. I love it. And from these renderings, they're making it look thinner than I expected but I think driving in on I-45 south, it appears this tower will actually be wide like the other recent Hines towers since it appears the tower extends to both corners.

• Like 1

Very cool. I like the diagonal placement.  Progress pictures should be fairly easy with the garages. 

A guy was unbolting the lot attendant shack from the ground yesterday when I walked by.  You could probably get  a swinging deal on some nice looking LED light poles and shrubbery if you know who to call.  They put in some drainage under the asphalt, but I don't recall much else post Chronicle building demolition.  I don't know if they chipped out its foundations fully, though I don't think so.  The song on the jackhammers should start soon. 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:16 AM, Nate99 said:

They are definitely engineering some kind of order in to the dirt below grade on the chronicle block (the "lazy river"), separate and apart from what looks like the tunnel path closer to Travis Street.  That seems unnecessary for a surface lot, but what the heck do I know. There is still a fair amount of the old foundation "tub" around the edges. 

No need to trust my recollection, I happened to write it down....