Texas Tower: 47-Story Office Tower At 845 Texas Ave.

democide

4 minutes ago, ArtNsf said:

I love it !  Would be so nice to see Houston finally break that 75 story "ceiling" as it were.  Wishful thinking I know, but a couple of big towers between 80 and 100 floors would do wonders for our already impressive skyline and prestige !!

maybe but not in most of our lifetimes...

• Like 1

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Naviguessor said:

It will be interesting to see how Hines orients the new building and top feature.  My bet is that they will make the biggest impact facing west, with a tower situated on a north/south-ish axis as opposed to the BG Place and 609 Main towers, which are on situated on the east/west-ish direction and make the biggest impacts to when viewed from the north (obviously, since you can't necessarily see them from the West).  But, this building will be highly visible form the North, East and West. 

I was thinking this as well, if only to plan for the potential for One Market Square to be built a block to the north.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cloud713 said:

Bids are being taken/awarded for the block 42 residential tower. I can’t wait to see this design everyone keeps talking about. 

If there’s a plan to redo the 717 Texas lobby in connection with the residential tower at Block 42 and the office tower at Block 58, I wonder if a joint announcement as to both towers may be in the works.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 6:16 PM, swtsig said:

correct. block 58 could have a mixed use component but office for certain.

hines is incredibly active in houston right now.

By incredibly active do you mean like 5-10 projects?

38 minutes ago, cloud713 said:

I heard someone mention 42 stories for the residential tower? That floor count could be off a couple of stories. "Twisty" was one of the words used to describe the design.

I thought the residential tower was on Block 42, but a previous indication was that it would be 46 stories. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

I thought the residential tower was on Block 42, but a previous indication was that it would be 46 stories. 

The residential tower is Block 42. I haven't seen the previous indication of 46 stories, but I've been super busy and haven't been very active around here lately. Sounds like it should break Houstons unwritten rule of the 40 story threshold for residential towers.

2 hours ago, Reporter said:

So, block 42 is getting a 42 story or 46 story building and block 58 is getting a 48 story building with a 35 story parking garage? Someone is getting their twisty pinnacles, parking garages, blocks and stories mixed up.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if he was getting the block number and the number of floors mixed up, hence the "could be off by a couple stories" note.. heh. Hopefully we should hear something soon since people are bidding on the project already.

• Like 6

Correct just the old HC garage goes. Hines is taking a new look at the underground parking (I think getting rid of it all) and will look to begin construction after. This will sit just south of MST and be a little taller. Not sure the amenities will be quite as good as MST but this thing is going to be very nice.

• Like 9

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Here’s a permit from last week for a concert pad on this block. c/o @chrisandrewsCDA on twitter. 

C982A4D2-99BA-4FE6-8AEC-1E765438AB78.jpeg

Looks like Hines is following the Skanska playbook. Do the excavation and foundation pour before getting a tenant signed up to allow for a shorter lead time on getting an anchor tenant signed up. Very cool.

I thought somebody had seen a rending of this before. If I remember correctly, they described the building as having a “defining crown.” 

Anybody? 

Whoever has seen it, you should draw a picture or sketch it so we have an idea!

It makes sense to start the base. The previous articles mentioned that they were close to signing a couple tenants that would need to move in 2020 or 2021. Those dates are already aggressive for a structure this size but getting started would at least pose them to get it built quicker once the land the tenants.

19 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

Looks like Hines is following the Skanska playbook. Do the excavation and foundation pour before getting a tenant signed up to allow for a shorter lead time on getting an anchor tenant signed up. Very cool.

These deals are done and this is breaking ground.  Will likely be an announcement very soon and I believe Block 42 will rise at the same time.

2 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

These deals are done and this is breaking ground.  Will likely be an announcement very soon and I believe Block 42 will rise at the same time.

How distinctive would you say the crown is? Like nothing we've seen before? All glass?