Texas Tower: 47-Story Office Tower At 845 Texas Ave.

democide

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Texasota said:

part of me thinks is a brilliant play on words...

LOL! actually it is truly accidental and an unintentional play on words.  Thanks for catching it, though.  Definitely a subconscious mistake.  Sometimes we are guided by forces beyond our control.

2 hours ago, Luminare said:

RIP to the great Cesar Pelli. Unsure if he himself had a hand in this design, but his firm Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects are responsible for the design. He was 92. An article about the man below:

https://www.architectmagazine.com/design/cesar-pelli-dies-at-92_o

Sorry to hear this. This is at least the second great architect lost in one year. Loved Pelli's buildings. 

• Like 1

His St Lukes twin towers in med center, the two high rise residential towers in the Uptown area that still look great, and the Enron building are my favorites.

He also did a science building for U of H across Cullen from the basketball arena. I'm not sure of any others. He definitely left his mark on Houston.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Twinsanity02 said:

Sorry to hear this. This is at least the second great architect lost in one year. Loved Pelli's buildings. 

The hardest loss for me this year, so far, would be Robert Venturi. It has been a rough year in terms of the greats; Kevin Roche, I. M. Pei, and now Cesar Pelli.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 3

That makes three of Hines favorite go to architects to pass in the last few years.

Phillip Johnson, I.M. Pei, and Cesar Pelli.

I was fortunate to attend Hines birthday salute at the Hobby center and heard Pelli speak along with many of Hines other favorites.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Luminare said:

The hardest loss for me this year, so far, would be Robert Venturi. It has been a rough year in terms of the greats; Kevin Roche, I. M. Pei, and now Cesar Pelli.

I found it interesting that the Children's Museum was considered to be one of his most important projects.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bobruss said:

That makes three of Hines favorite go to architects to pass in the last few years.

Phillip Johnson, I.M. Pei, and Cesar Pelli.

I was fortunate to attend Hines birthday salute at the Hobby center and heard Pelli speak along with many of Hines other favorites.

I was there too. What a great event that was. 

• Like 4

On 7/19/2019 at 6:58 AM, Nate99 said:

Once these two buildings are online, the area here is going to be a top notch neighborhood, you have brand new Class AA office, three really nice residential towers, historic buildings, a park, a couple of boutique hotels, bars, restaurants, etc. If One Market Square's half block gets developed, then you have the bank drive through and the half block next to the Houston Ballet to go in this immediate vicinity completely open for whatever development someone could come up with. 

I'm a big fan of the way this is turning out, hope the momentum keeps up.

The amount of foot traffic and overall feel of Market Square and downtown in general in the last 2-3 years alone is remarkable.

I remember when I left for Michigan in 2014 for 3 years and returned to find a changed city core.

It's amazing.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, bobruss said:

His St Lukes twin towers in med center, the two high rise residential towers in the Uptown area that still look great, and the Enron building are my favorites.

He also did a science building for U of H across Cullen from the basketball arena. I'm not sure of any others. He definitely left his mark on Houston.

Also Four Oaks Place and Five Oaks Place office towers in Uptown.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Saw a Con Forms Spider 18-3 placing boom hovering in the air yesterday.  At very first glace, I thought it was a huge drone :ph34r:

8zLUBC6.jpg

rDjYmEb.jpg

Looks like one of those 4 legged tanks from the anime Ghost In The Shell.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, H-Town Man said:

Can someone explain what it does?

@hindesky @Purdueenginerd Is this essential a smaller version of what they have in the center, but just a more mobile version. I haven't seen one of these before, but from looking at the machine itself it seems to be a mobile/mini concrete pour extension. Maybe to help speed up the pour in other places while the main one is working or maybe the main one can't reach certain places?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Luminare said:

@hindesky @Purdueenginerd Is this essential a smaller version of what they have in the center, but just a more mobile version. I haven't seen one of these before, but from looking at the machine itself it seems to be a mobile/mini concrete pour extension. Maybe to help speed up the pour in other places while the main one is working or maybe the main one can't reach certain places?

Mobile concrete pump linked to another pump truck based on their website.

https://conforms.com

M7oF0le.jpg

LSaLigB.jpg

dznO1yR.jpg

• Like 9