Texas Tower: 47-Story Office Tower At 845 Texas Ave.

democide

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the northwest tower crane is going up this weekend or they are going to take out the AT crane in the hole. But either way Prairie St is going to be closed.

Prairie St. Closure
Sunday, March 17 (5 am – 9 pm)
Complete closure of the 800 block of Prairie (between Milam and Travis) to allow for crane erection.
Detour: Motorists will turn right onto Travis, left on Congress, left on Milam ,and right back onto Prairie.
Contact: Gilbane Building Company, Gerald Moore, 832-256-5696  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hindesky said:

Looks like the northwest tower crane is going up this weekend or they are going to take out the AT crane in the hole. But either way Prairie St is going to be closed.

Prairie St. Closure
Sunday, March 17 (5 am – 9 pm)
Complete closure of the 800 block of Prairie (between Milam and Travis) to allow for crane erection.
Detour: Motorists will turn right onto Travis, left on Congress, left on Milam ,and right back onto Prairie.
Contact: Gilbane Building Company, Gerald Moore, 832-256-5696  

Correct. South tower crane to go up the following weekend. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, HtownWxBoy said:

As someone who is terrified of heights I have SO much respect for workers like this!  haha

You’d be surprised how fast your fear of heights goes away. It took me about a week to get used to it. It comes back if you stop doing it for a while though.

• Like 8

For what ever its worth. Read an interview done by the Houston Chronicle from February 2014 with Mr. P.V Banavalkar of Vertika Structural . He stated that the JP Morgan tower ( 71 stories, 1002 feet) has a foundation base of 4 basements whereas the BP Group tower ( 46 stories, 632 feet) has a foundation base of 2 basements. I suppose this refers to how deep the foundation hole was. Anyone know what it is for the Hines Texas Tower?

Edited by Twinsanity02
typing error
  • Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 9:02 AM, Timoric said:

I like it how it balances the skyline by having 4 new buildings past Chase now and the skyline will look longer too instead of the end being an abrupt 1,002 footer, who else has that number memorized by the way?

I find it to be such a strange looking building but shall reserve judgment!

4 hours ago, Twinsanity02 said:

For what ever its worth. Read an interview done by the Houston Chronicle from February 2014 with Mr. P.V Banavalkar of Vertika Structural . He stated that the JP Morgan tower ( 71 stories, 1002 feet) has a foundation base of 4 basements whereas the BP Group tower ( 46 stories, 632 feet) has a foundation base of 2 basements. I suppose this refers to how deep the foundation hole was. Anyone know what it is for the Hines Texas Tower?

Chase Tower is 75 stories 😉

• Like 3

On 3/19/2019 at 1:02 PM, Timoric said:

I like it how it balances the skyline by having 4 new buildings past Chase now and the skyline will look longer too instead of the end being an abrupt 1,002 footer, who else has that number memorized by the way?

Was thinking the same exact thing! 

• Like 3