Texas Tower: 47-Story Office Tower At 845 Texas Ave.

democide

1 hour ago, bobruss said:

If you can  zoom in on the dimension at the the top of the drawing on the left it appears to read 737 or 735.

But Ive been known to miss a few things so check it out.

The last digit looks like a 7. The middle could be a “3” or an “8.” A “3” would put it right around PAC’s 735’ statement.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When this building goes up it’s going to block one of the best views (from the north) of 609 Main.  I wonder why Hines oriented 609 Main so that it’s best, most dramatic side (facing Chase) is mostly blocked from view by taller buildings while the plain back side is wide open toward MMP.  I would have flipped it 180 degrees.

I know everyone likes having full views of significant towers... but every tower that goes up is designed to be the best, for its own purpose. If this tower went up with intentions not to block something else, it isn't being designed right... I bet we will have new interesting perspectives as our skyline continues to change... that's a good thing!

3 hours ago, Avossos said:

I know everyone likes having full views of significant towers... but every tower that goes up is designed to be the best, for its own purpose. If this tower went up with intentions not to block something else, it isn't being designed right... I bet we will have new interesting perspectives as our skyline continues to change... that's a good thing!

Avassos, you're the Pangloss to HAIF's Candide. Never stop believing.

3 hours ago, Avossos said:

The other thing that it does is adds new colors, textures and shapes to the skyline and what makes the skyline more interesting is that play of one building off of another. Layering gives the skyline more depth and intensifies the overall fabric of our architectural still life. I keep hoping for more growth in the gap you see coming up 288 into town between the Chase grouping and the Wells Fargo grouping. I'd love to see more density in the middle gap. Of course you'd lose the Pennzoil but gain more density of buildings.

1 hour ago, Alec said:

Avassos, you're the Pangloss to HAIF's Candide. Never stop believing.

1 hour ago, bobruss said:

The other thing that it does is adds new colors, textures and shapes to the skyline and what makes the skyline more interesting is that play of one building off of another. Layering gives the skyline more depth and intensifies the overall fabric of our architectural still life. I keep hoping for more growth in the gap you see coming up 288 into town between the Chase grouping and the Wells Fargo grouping. I'd love to see more density in the middle gap. Of course you'd lose the Pennzoil but gain more density of buildings.

Just did some research on Pangloss... now, I don't believe everything that is ever done, is right or as it should be. but there are a few things to draw from that I could agree with Dr. P... There are positives to consider when analyzing all sides of this. For one, there is a history of smaller, older towers, getting "lost" in the sea of larger towers... There positive (Dr. Pangloss should agree) that we are raising the bar or making forward progress.

I do not think so positively though... Historic buildings, if architecturally significant, should not be destroyed... We need them, especially here. Some projects or developments are misguided and do not consider a greater good. Protections, and even zoning, are mechanisms that could increase the greater good, despite people feeling like their rights are infringed.

My point for this is, like bobruss said, there will be some positives with varying the skyline and added new materials. I do wish we would get a different colored tower or something not just glass... all and all it would be hard to feel discouraged because a 50 story designer tower is much better than a parking lot.

Nice job Reporter! If you could move it just a little more to the right I think you would have it in the perfect spot. It appears to be hugging the west side of the block in the floor plan on page 32. Good work.

Just got sent a picture of a rendering for block 42 and unfortunately I can’t post it yet but I can say with confidence I think you all will like it. It matches the massing of the top down view blakevirgilio posted a few pages back. The wall facing market square is all glass with a little angle setback at the base of the glass. I’ll post it when I’m given the ok. 

On 7/19/2018 at 11:47 AM, blakevirgilio said:

Here are more images:

image (22).jpg

48 minutes ago, brijonmang said:

Just got sent a picture of a rendering for block 42 and unfortunately I can’t post it yet but I can say with confidence I think you all will like it. It matches the massing of the top down view blakevirgilio posted a few pages back. The wall facing market square is all glass with a little angle setback at the base of the glass. I’ll post it when I’m given the ok. 

Besides the massing it is a good representation of what it looks like? Thanks for the description. 

I think it's a really good idea they found a way to have one of the main sides facing the park.

33 minutes ago, lockmat said:

Besides the massing it is a good representation of what it looks like? Thanks for the description. 

I think it's a really good idea they found a way to have one of the main sides facing the park.

I think it’s (the massing image you posted) a good representation of the building. I only have one picture that’s black and white and it shows the glass curtain wall which I matched with the Market Square side because of the bend in the facade. The other material might be limestone or marble or slate...some kind of stone. It’s a brick/paver pattern but the pieces are larger than brick. 

13 hours ago, Nole23 said:

Does it have ground floor retail? Asking for a friend...

"We will again take those standards to an even higher level with a larger, activated lobby, expanded user experience and by fully realizing the direction in which tenants and their employees are going, by striving to meet the needs of the ever-changing workforce in ways the Texas market has never seen.”

This is a quote from their press release so without having to read too much into it they seem to be alluding to more GFR.

21 minutes ago, bobruss said:

"We will again take those standards to an even higher level with a larger, activated lobby, expanded user experience and by fully realizing the direction in which tenants and their employees are going, by striving to meet the needs of the ever-changing workforce in ways the Texas market has never seen.”

This is a quote from their press release so without having to read too much into it they seem to be alluding to more GFR.

That quote is referring to the office building, but I believe Block 42 will have GFR. I remember someone saying the two and 717 Texas will all tie in together at ground level.