Parking Garages In Downtown

ricco67

I've been meaning to bring up this topic for awhile, but just never found the time or simply forgot.

anyway...

What's up with the construction crane at the new garage for the courhouse on Franklin?

Are they increasing capacity or building a new office on top?

Are they still going to replace that parking lot in front of the new courthouse with a plaza? It would be a really nice way to tie all of the government buildings together, and get rid of an eyesore.

I believe I saw recently that the plaza is scheduled for construction in the 2007-2008 fiscal year.

• 8 years later...

Just thinking out loud here.

UH has done some interesting things to their parking garages to make them look less ugly, and blighty.

Over by spur 5 they have some painted metal structures as the facade, and then they are growing vines on this facade. it's still obviously a parking garage, but it's not quite as brutal as just a huge concrete colored block of concrete with holes everywhere.

Why wouldn't downtown management district put some money into helping the people who own these structures make them less of an eyesore? Especially considering the push they are making to bring more people downtown.

It's obvious that the intention of the people who make these garages is to only do as much as they need to for satisfaction of the appropriate building codes necessary to park cars on top of each other.

• The title was changed to Parking Garages
  • The title was changed to Parking Garages In Downtown

Archived