Rick Perry

pineda

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SWEET!

Sign me up!  I had to take my ring off after this moron got elected.

Why is it, that when UT's former cheerleaders get elcted, they are respected (Kay Bailey Hutchison), but when A&M's yell leaders get elected, they are douchebags?

Besides being a great lapdog Im not sure what Kay Bailey Chearleader has done. She has her lips sewn to Ws butt. If W decided to stop real quick, it will take us three days to get her head out of his ass.

Kay helped Houston and the Med Center with new projects, and moving the guard to Ellington Field.

That's a lot more than Perry has ever done for Houston.

Remember Perry's disparaging remarks when Houston beat out Dallas for the Olympic bid?

Some folks sure have short memories, but I don't.

This is a great example of all things being relative.

A summer camp camp mattress would suck in a 5 star hotel, but it would be so very comfortable if you're sleeping on concrete...

...and it has been so long since Texans elected a governor worth holding my spit cup (that's a texanism), that I'm actually wishing Hutchison would run.

I'm glad I'm from Louisiana where the state pays your tuition if you do good on the ACT and have a high GPA. Graduated with no college debt.

This was something good done with lottery money over there.

If KBH wasn't so high in the senate, she should run here. She knows that all she needs to do is put here name of the ballot and she can win. She could probably put here dog in the debate against Perry and beat the crap out of him.

I wish the repubs would put up a good candidate.

Oh, being in Texas only three years, do Texas Governors have a term limit?

I'm getting used to Texas style state government. Of course, I don't know if anyone could get used to Louisiana style.

I'm glad i'm from out of state on this Aggie vs UT stuff. y'all can just call me a coonass.

You guys are funny when you have banter between the universities. You would think you were still in college.

I'm glad i'm from out of state on this Aggie vs UT stuff.  y'all can just call me a coonass.

You guys are funny when you have banter between the universities.  You would think you were still in college.

Actually, I don't know if they actually went to UT, or where they graduated from. They haven't shown their cards.

There is a certain pride that comes from being from a place that receives so much hatred. I mean, no one would hate you if you were from an insignificant, truly rural school like Rio Grande College, would they? (Sorry if anyone here was from there.) Usually at least one of two things is involved: fear or envy. The fact that so many people in Texas hate Aggies... and that so many other states hate Texas... and so many other countries hate America... means that folks like me who are from all three have something to be proud of.

Hmmmm....

MidtownCoog

Wonder where I went to school?

Anyway, we don't hate y'all.  It's just Aggies make it SOOO easy to poke fun.

Do you drive a maroon Chevy?

No, as a matter of fact I do not drive a maroon Chevy, and I resent that. I drive a maroon FORD.

j/k

Actually I do drive a truck: a blue 1976 Jeep Cherokee. I've thought of painting it maroon, but when you don't have a/c, you don't want a dark color like that.

TOPS is still in place. All they did was maid the requirements more stringent. I have no problem with that. It insures the students that work hard in high school but can't afford college can go. After I started college in 1998 the rulse started to change. They are just setting the bar higher. Louisiana is also moving like Texas to remove all aspects of remedials out of Universities so that students that are at college level can learn at college levels. The remedial students have to go to a community or junior college then transfer. This also sets the bar higher. I always believe that with education rewards should be offered and the standards set high.

• 3 years later...

Gov. Perry is proposing the tax credit for non-attainment zones, including the Houston-Galveston-Beaumont area. His reasoning is typical Perry ("to get the EPA off our backs"), but this proposal could have a dramatic effect on the car market in Houston. A $5000 state tax credit added to a $7500 federal tax credit seems like a big deal even for a fairly pricy plug-in car.

My only qualm is whether the government needs to be spending such a high amount of money subsidizing vehicles simply because they have plug-in abilities. I'm 100% in favor of the possible localized air-quality improvements, but I have to wonder where the extra money going to come from to subsidize such a program.

http://greenlight.greentechmedia.com/2009/...our-backs-1034/

Archived