Ej's now La Grange Restaurant ...and now open!

The building on Ralph just off Westheimer that formerly was the home to Ej's is now a casual, yet cool mexican restaurant called La Grange.

A small group of friends and i went last night for their grand opening....the menu was small but all the food was delicious, well priced and just the right portions. While i don't drink, my friends ordered the frozen margaritas and said they were incredible! 

(I had the "fajitas for 1" at just 8 dollars...just the right size to not feel too full and the beef was super tender fyi!) 

They have 3 desserts, and we ordered the fried bananas and ice cream which was pretty awesome (small but enough for 2 btw)

and the brunch selections looked amazing actually so i will be going to try those out this weekend i am sure.

The owners definitely transformed this ugly duckling into something really nice and cool...think Brasil if they opened a mexican restaurant...the inside seating area feels like you are in a Brasil extension with super large windows giving the place a really open and airy feel...and they are stressing the casual, laid back vibe with picnic style tables in the outdoor courtyard complete with koi fish and turtles(!) The second story patio and bar have good views of westheimer and downtown so that was fun as well. My friends were impressed with THREE bars haha! One fairly large one when you walk in, one fairly large one when you walk out to the courtyard and then one up on the second deck that i believe will only be open for extremely busy times and events...

anyway, i really liked the place and will be going back often...

(one note... they they need to get some really cool art or decor on those very empty walls!)

see ya there. 

Their description of themselves:

La Grange Houston:

A casual patio bar with craft beer, craft cocktails and coastal mexican food in the heart of Montrose, Texas.

check them out:

www.lagrangehouston.com

and

www.facebook.com/lagrangehouston 

and

lagrangehouston on instagram 

Went for dinner/drinks tonight - it was really good - we had one of each of the appetizers - the oysters were amazing !!!  The drinks were good also, maybe a tad small though - the Carlos Danger was really good (pineapple and jalapeño infused tequila) !!

One of the co-owners and the chef (also a co-owner) stopped by to introduce themselves and thanked us for coming....they said the menu is a work in progress and wanted our feedback about the food....

Overall we were very impressed and will definitely be going back...

i was surprised to even see burgers on the menu since it is a mexican restaurant...

(but again i bet they are good since everything else has been so far that we tried!)

Really, 3  burger options on the menu?  The drinks look great, but none of the food choices jump out at all. 

They told us last night they would be adding and removing items from the menu as they try things out....he seemed to stress "adding" as the menu is pretty limited right now...

Archived