• Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sic'EmBears said:

:)

Phenomenal! I didn't see it in person. I think CNN had this on their countdown show trying to distract from Don Lemons drunken antics. Anyways yes this could totally be a new tradition. Like I heard someone say on the radio, the reunion could be the central time zone's official "Ball".  Awesome work by the fireworks engineers.

3 hours ago, nativehoustonion said:

Please post something other then 20 floors buildings and the Dallas skyline.  Did you know the Texas Medical Center is larger then downtown Dallas.  We need a supertall!

Don't be such a homer. Dallas has a great thing going on right now. Embrace the beautiful architecture.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:49 AM, nativehoustonion said:

Please post something other then 20 floors buildings and the Dallas skyline.  Did you know the Texas Medical Center is larger then downtown Dallas.  We need a supertall!

Youre hilarious.

Dallas has plenty 30+ story buidlings under construction now and possibly two 39 to 45 stories on the way.

Even though this bldg is only 20 it looks great and must be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just some casual snaps I've taken recently from the West Dallas/Medical District area. Not the best quality but its aight. :P

20170301_133542.jpg
20170301_133836.jpg
You can see Blue Ciel and others rising.
20170301_133818.jpg
View from my Uncle's mid rise in West Dallas
20170217_182110.jpg
A far off view of Las Colinas
20170217_182041.jpg
Nice lighting on the new Aloft Hotel
20170225_183741.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Twinsanity02 said:

Beautiful photo. Being from Houston I am guessing directions. Is this a north to  south view from your uptown to your downtown? Lastly what is that comlex in the upper right hand corner. The French looking building with the dark roof?

You would be correct about the direction. A bit facing southwest if Im not mistaken. I believe the complex you are referring to is The Crescent Definately a beauty.

2 hours ago, Twinsanity02 said:

Beautiful photo. Being from Houston I am guessing directions. Is this a north to  south view from your uptown to your downtown? Lastly what is that comlex in the upper right hand corner. The French looking building with the dark roof?

JasnoDTX is correct.

A couple interesting facts about The Crescent:

• It contains the world's largest cut slate roof.
  • Its Indiana limestone cladding was the stone's largest order since the Empire State Building.
  • Its "ironwork" is actually aluminum.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived