Legacy Health Surface Parking Lot At 1400 California St.

HoustonMidtown

A lot of people in New York.

Actually, both the New York and Miami residential building booms are being financed with foreign money. There seem to be a lot of people with lots of money in other parts of the world who would like a place in the US, and they seem to want a residence in New York or Miami. Houston could serve the same function for a lot of Mexican nationals (and in fact it seems to be attracting a lot of residential sales to Mexicans).

• 5 months later...

For the square footage offered, this building is cheaper than all of the other ones currently planned or under construction.   Please correct me if I am wrong!  

1400 California is $500/sf for penthouse and around $300/sf for the other units.  Everyone else seems to be $450 to $500 or more per square foot for non-penthouse units.  

Not that I think it is worth it, but here is a $300/sf unit probably on the 3rd floor.  

http://www.har.com/1400-california--3ne/sale_77976441

There has been a lot more interest in mid-century modern in the last few years.  This building must be trying to capitalize on that movement.  

From the Realtor:  "Referencing the simplicity & functionality of the Bauhaus movement... " 

What worries me is that renderings normally look better than the real thing...  What if this rendering looks better!?!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I live right by there.  I know a girl that was living in the house on the corner.  She was given a short rental contract with the anticipation the house would be demoed.  That was months ago and she has since moved out.  I still see that people live there so it seems the timetable was stretched.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived