Urbannizer

Novel River Oaks at Willowick & Westheimer

22 hours ago, Twinsanity02 said:

This is not scientifically accurate, but from the content and size I would hypothesize an extremely large bovine. Or a local Texas size Bigfoot.

I couldn’t hold it ok? Don’t shame me

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

It's amazing how much faster this is going up than Alexan River Oaks just down the street. They started construction roughly the same time a little over a year ago, and this one is nearing full vertical completion (for a larger building!), while Alexan is barely on the second floor. Strange.

• Like 4

One day, will the bank lot become a tower of some sort? Always curious what will happen when the corner owner holds out. There are a good bit of examples in Houston that the corner lot is being wrapped around by a large midrise. I wonder if it is sustainable beyond 10-20 more years.

• Like 2

it at least could be a bank someone uses! haha!

oh well...eventually maybe not another tower but a cool restaurant or something else useful?

• Like 1

Looks great, but to change the subject briefly, gas is back up to $2.40 near River Oaks? I'm up in Jersey Village and it's still only $1.70 - $1.80 tops. 

The more I think about it, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Yeah i never go to that gas station as it is one of the most expensive in the city!

yikes!

and wow this thing is being built so quick in my opinion!!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CaptainJilliams said:

Looks great, but to change the subject briefly, gas is back up to $2.40 near River Oaks? I'm up in Jersey Village and it's still only $1.70 - $1.80 tops. 

The more I think about it, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

That one and the one at 610/San Felipe are also a full dollar higher than the average. I hate working in that area because you have to remember to get gas before running out near the office.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh for darn sure you NEVER should go to the San Felipe one...it's expensive and not sure if it still does but when i used to go there when desperate it smelled HORRIBLE...

haha!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

OCaiP67.jpg

Totally off-topic... Anyone ever get the Buttermilk Fried Chicken at Frank's? I rarely eat fried chicken (maybe once a year), but every time I eat at Frank's, I'm tempted. I've had it a couple times, and it is amazing!

Edited by astrohip
  • Like 2