Here's some pictures I took on the 6th.

https://mikerichardson.name/tidbits/the_georgian/

Wasn't going to walk too deep into the property since anything was liable to fall down at any time.

I wonder how much those townhomes rented for. I've not seen those at the other Swain & Houck properties.

BTW, this was the last Swain & Houck property that had remained. The first to go was off of Allen Parkway if I recall.

I was one of the last people to move from the last building on Westcreek - the one that they let sit and rot for 2+ years before tearing it down, instead of renting it out and collecting money. Because logic.

• Like 3

There is a neat little apartment complex right next to The Georgian that I never even knew existed - it's got maybe 10 units in two buildings, with covered parking spaces.

That will probably survive quite a bit longer because the land is not a large enough parcel to interest the developers.

Unfortunately, The Georgian is yet another example of medium-low density being replaced with medium-high density. A marginal improvement in density - but it's also understandable that they would not try for a highrise there given that it abuts directly to single family homes. (whatever happened with Ashby anyway)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Permit was filed for the foundation on 2/22.

http://www.cohtora.houstontx.gov/ibi_apps/WFServlet.ibfs?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&IBIAPP_app=soldpermits&IBIF_ex=sold_permit_d&CLICKED_ON=&PN=18087604&PT=13

Project No: 18087604
Date : 2019/02/22 00:00:00
USE : (EPR) SITEWORK AND FOUNDATION FOR FUTURE
Owner/Occupant : *NOVEL RIVER OAKS
Job Address : 2511 WILLOWICK RD 77027
Valuation : $ 3,000,000
Permit Type : 13
FCC Group : Structures Other than Buildings
Buyer : *HOAR CONSTRUCTION
Address : 1300 W SAM HOUSTON PKY 77042
Phone : (713) 576-8925

• Like 4