Um....I don’t think you are referring to Eado...it’s not in a flood zone...appreciate the snark, tho

Looks like they knocked out a sizable wall portion on Emancipation. I’ll be happy for any retail at this point.

Edited by felt38
replaced 'Eado' with "Emancipation"

On 8/11/2018 at 11:00 AM, felt38 said:

Um....I don’t think you are referring to Eado...it’s not in a flood zone...appreciate the snark, tho

That was a reference to the Stanley Park development near Timbergrove, from the same company responsible for the rather lackluster redevelopment of this property.

https://abc13.com/neighbors-recovering-from-harvey-fight-new-development/3633572/

Agree about EaDo/the East End doing well in terms of flooding. It helps being close to where the Bayou opens up into the Ship Channel.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

There hasn't been any meaningful activity at this site in months. Looks like Lovett is content to just sit on this property for an extended period of time with absolutely no progress, much like they’re doing with Post HTX and several other sites around town. I guess it’s their M.O.

15 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Trust Bisnow with a grain of salt. I noticed Bisnow FREQUENTLY publishes wrong details or outdated details as if it's new (when details have changed).

You're not joking. The Sprouts rumor was dismissed well over a year ago. I can understand still mentioning it if the change in plans was a recent development (say, within the last month), but to still mention it now is a glaring oversight for a source that is presumably up-to-date on commercial real estate development news.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like they've started debris removal. The separate thread for Polk District (Frankel's building) shows lots of construction happening in the interior of the building that formerly housed Frankel's.

The commercial brochure still very clearly shows SPROUTS planned onsite. Hoping that comes to fruition. Haven't seen any concrete evidence to clarify either way.

Edited by ljchou
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Eastdwntwn said:

Are these apartments? 

Yes, but my understanding is that the apartments will take up the space of the empty lots, and the retail/office  redevelopment will still happen in the former post building. There will be a shared parking agreement. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HNathoo said:

Yes, but my understanding is that the apartments will take up the space of the empty lots, and the retail/office  redevelopment will still happen in the former post building. There will be a shared parking agreement. 

That is great news. Much better than previous plans of just basically a big parking lot. 

• Like 2