Townhomes On Center St.

Urbannizer

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, hindesky said:

It looks like townhomes pads on the eastern portion to me. Plumbers were tearing up Center St for sewer hookups.

fzdKnMn.jpg

Probably why it took so long to get off the ground.

@hindesky You were right to assume townhomes. Per HBJ:

Sandcastle Homes Inc. single-family residence 4604 Center St. Houston 77007   284500 2019-06-25 City of Houston Residential
Sandcastle Homes Inc. single-family residence 4606 Center St. Houston 77007   285000 2019-06-25 City of Houston Residential
Sandcastle Homes Inc. single-family residence 4608 Center St. Houston 77007   285000 2019-06-25 City of Houston Residential
Sandcastle Homes Inc. single-family residence 4612 Center St. Houston 77007   285000 2019-06-27 City of Houston Residential

@Urbannizer @Triton Can we move this down to The Heights subforum, please? Not exactly worth "Going Up" anymore.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

These are the worst kind of townhomes imo. Zero curb appeal, massive curb cuts, no backyards. When I look at Zillow and see a townhome that doesn't show a picture of the front of the house, I can assume that it's one of these. It's almost like the realtors are ashamed to show you what it looks like from the outside.

I would definitely trade a reduced setback requirement (0-5 ft) for a limit on curb cuts.

If you could build at a 5-ft setback, the square footage you'd "lose" doing a central driveway is about equal to what you currently lose to the front setback, and you could build about the same FAR, with better pedestrian environment and without giving up 4-5 parking spaces.

21 minutes ago, Angostura said:

I would definitely trade a reduced setback requirement (0-5 ft) for a limit on curb cuts.

If you could build at a 5-ft setback, the square footage you'd "lose" doing a central driveway is about equal to what you currently lose to the front setback, and you could build about the same FAR, with better pedestrian environment and without giving up 4-5 parking spaces.

that or even angled parking along the street. That alone would fulfill parking needs, but that would mean actually fixing road infrastructure and we ain't got no time for that!

5 hours ago, Angostura said:

The Perry townhomes built in the late 90's tended to have 2 curb cuts for entrance and exit, and the garages in the back. Think Baldwin Square, bounded by La Branch, Tuam, Austin, and Anita. They still look pretty decent, 21 years later.

• The title was changed to Townhomes On Center St.

Archived