• Like 2

Could be one of several.

Memorial City/City centre/ Energy corridor

Greenway/Upper Kirby

or Woodlands

• Like 3

6 hours ago, EllenOlenska said:

lol what's the fourth cluster? 

I was thinking Greenway but I guess you could argue for Memorial City/Greenspoint....I just wouldn't really put them up there.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Timoric said:

Energy Corridor is huge though, over 20M SF just spread out - during the mid 2010s boom I thought it would pass Uptown

But there is no skyline cluster in the Energy Corridor

Edited by Houston19514

On 1/15/2019 at 4:27 PM, arbpro said:

I think FORever was intended.

Agreed. 

Vaughn Construction an Aggie Alumn company is of course picked to build an A & M building.

http://www.vaughnconstruction.com/explore/news-and-events/2018/02/21/vaughn-wins-major-texas-a-m-health-science-center-renovation-project

VAUGHN WINS MAJOR TEXAS A&M HEALTH SCIENCE CENTER RENOVATION PROJECT

by Vaughn Construction | Feb 21, 2018

Texas A&M Health Science Center selected Vaughn as the construction manager-at-risk for the Engineering and Health Building Renovation project in the Texas Medical Center.  The existing 282,000 SF, 17-story steel frame office building will be renovated to serve as the education and training facility for Texas A&M’s new Engineering Health program. The program will be the nation’s first comprehensive educational program to fully integrate engineering into all health-related disciplines. The initiative hopes to build upon Texas A&M’s long-standing research and education presence in Houston. The $31 million project will include new gross anatomy labs, simulation labs, lecture halls, MEP infrastructure improvements, and skin improvements. Construction is scheduled to begin in January 2019 and targets a final completion date of July 2020. 

8BNco3D.jpg

UWijuLv.jpg

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I hope they replace the cladding on the side.  The old granite/marble had been falling off.

• Like 1

Drove past the site this morning, exciting to see this redevelopment happen! I just wish we had a rendering that showed how this will look when finished.

• Like 1

The glass curtain wall is original and will distinguish this building from the rest of Houston.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, H-Town Man said:

The glass curtain wall is original and will distinguish this building from the rest of Houston.

Can we use that or the marble for a cool bar counter? haha

• Like 2

At the most recent meeting of the Board of Regents for the A&M System there was an item called "Development Tract (~4.5 acres on Holcombe Blvd.‐adjacent to TMC)" in the Public-Private Partnership list with a projected value of $325 million which I can only imagine will be a massive (and tall!) project.

http://assets.system.tamus.edu/files/bor/pdf/AgendaArchive/2019-04/Regular Agenda.pdf

• Like 2

Hospitals are super expensive. The Health 2 building at the University of Houston was only 9 stories and cost almost $150 million. 

10 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

Hospitals are super expensive. The Health 2 building at the University of Houston was only 9 stories and cost almost $150 million. 

As someone who worked next to a guy that was part of a "healthcare division" for a previous firm, I can certainly concur. Its not actually the "building" itself, but the equipment inside and then building elements that have to meet certain standards for said equipment. Its also one of the strictest and most highly regulated building types....which is also why its a very specified sector one works in as far as architecture goes. You either are into that sort of thing or not.

• Like 4

Yes, new glass and so far the railings are still there.

4JVP91f.jpg

Top of the north side.

ukWnbM4.jpg

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Crane flying up whole trailer full of AC air ducts.

ggik0QB.jpg

Irving Crane was making the lift, looked them up since I had never heard of them. First thought was they were from Irving, Tx but turns out they are a Canadian company with  an office in Maine. Weird they couldn't use a local company unless they are ATM Aggies too, since Vaughn is an Aggie grad company.

https://www.irvingcrane.com

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 8

Saw a crane on site went to investigate. Ended up talking to a couple of Vaughn workers. They said the crane didn't have enough stick and counter weight to do the required lifts. The hand railings on the south side will be replaced. Vaughn is also the GC of the TMC3 and they said it will be starting up very soon. 

h0r3YHw.jpg

SKjHnPh.jpg

• Like 7

I love it. These buildings, if ever built, could easily be some of the most recognizable towers in Texas. I'm really digging the helipad 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Potential new design for future phases, you can see 1020 Holcombe in the Center.

57253576_697713543998880_258888230243049

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwSjhi7BO0q/

If built, the Med Center skyline could rival that of downtown and several other major city skylines!

• Like 3

I’ve been burned soo many times my first reaction to seeing the pictures was it will be built, but not in this form/design. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

^^^ it's probably already been constructed somewhere like MIAMI, FL.  this sort of high-end/stylish architecture is more often a DREAMSCAPE for the houston area.  right?

3 hours ago, htownbro said:

If built, the Med Center skyline could rival that of downtown and several other major city skylines!

Gonna take TMC 10+ , 150+ m towers to rival Downtwon Htown. But I would say rn it's around 3rd or 4th biggest skyline in Texas. Should move up to 2nd or 3rd in the coming years, especially when some of these skyscrapers are finished. 

But damn is it impressive how many high rises Houston has.TMC/Uptown alone, could be a medium-large cities' skyline by itself. While Downtown is just on another level of size. This doesn't even count everything else in-between. 

• Like 3