• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EXCLUSIVE REPORTS From the August 12, 2005 print edition Car dealership gives way to urban infill Jennifer Dawson Houston Business Journal A high-end development mixing retail, residential and po

I removed "cancelled?" from the title since the project is now moving forward again.

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

From earlier today. They were disassembling some of the scaffolding while I was walking around taking pictures:
DSC_0696_zps5fc1b2d1.jpg

DSC_0697_zpsf8a80c7a.jpg

DSC_0698_zpsd9566a54.jpg

DSC_0700_zps3731a660.jpg

Also, I noticed some bare wood down the side street I parked on, and found this little thing going up in the neighborhood behind the Highland Tower (here: http://goo.gl/maps/3DbNe):
DSC_0704_zpsbb62b259.jpg

DSC_0706_zpse8fcfce2.jpg

DSC_0705_zps90071e60.jpg

DSC_0703_zps590de8e5.jpg

Edited by Golyadkin
  • Like 3

Actually, the Briarglen Commons project isn't quite as small as you might think.  What you see in the pics is just the first 8 of 24 patio homes that will be built.  Plus, the adjacent lot -- on Bancroft behind these & next to Highland Tower -- will have more.   I live nearby and see a lot of potential buyers checking them out.

When this area was full of run-down apartments, it was known as "Sin Alley".  It sure has changed.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...