Like the Pavilions?

The Pavilions is one of the lone project that have been announced over the past years that has went through and even the Pavilions was scaled back.

BLVD place, The place across from High Street, Orion (and so many other towers). What about these?

I hate to get off (or back on) topic here, but High Street is on hold. Read into that what you will.

Hold up everyone!!!

Where's the source on this? The land has already been cleared for High Street. You must be talking about the Westcreek Development which is on the lot right next to this. The Westcreek Apartments were supposed to be knocked down but word is that they will be around for a little while longer.

Ask Westerngulf, he seems to have the updates on this

Me. Sorry. "Delete" and "Reply" are a little close to each other. :(

Man! I hate it when that happens! I'm sure you know what god feels like.

"Oh Me damn! I meant to give the guy a winning lotto ticket, not a fatal stroke!"

SOMEONE owes someone a beer. ;)

LOL

Edited by ricco67

Why are High Street and Highland Tower merged into one topic?

Highland Tower is a completely separate development. They are simply leasing the High St. site for the temporary sales center.

Oop! Although they weren't merged, I just added Highland Tower to the High Street title because I thought it was the same project. Feel free to start a Highland Tower topic. It's getting hard to keep all the Galleria-area projects straight, which I guess is a good thing.

Its only on hold, but I felt like the project will be cancled or scaled down greatly. Its a shame I really liked this High Street project. Might sound stupid to some, but I always thought it could have been something like SOHO in New York. I thought it was going to be cancled because I could not find it on Google.

Its only on hold, but I felt like the project will be cancled or scaled down greatly. Its a shame I really liked this High Street project. Might sound stupid to some, but I always thought it could have been something like SOHO in New York. I thought it was going to be cancled because I could not find it on Google.

I thought they said the tower not the High Street Project? Are both on hold or canceled?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if uptown's website makes things any more official, but this is one of the projects mentioned in their development section.

High Street: Trademark Property Co. has signed a 100-year ground lease on this 6-acre site, formerly the Central Ford location just inside the loop at 4410 Westheimer. The site is being redeveloped into a 100,000 sf mixed-use project which should open in late 2008. The project will have specialty retail, restaurants and entertainment space on the ground floor. It will be topped off with 250 to 350 apartment units

http://www.uptown-houston.com/economic/development.html

And here are some crappy renderings I found on the developers website:

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

SitePlanHS-06-07.jpg

And apparently, these are the same guys that did Market Street in the Woodlands.

Edited by lockmat

I don't know about those colors.

Agreed. But since these are the same guys that constructed Market Street in the Woodlands, I'm sure the end result will turn out great. However, I don't believe those will be the final colors. As lockmat said, they're early crappy renderings.

Considering how long its taken for Sawyer Heights to build, I'd say anything here in 2008 is overly optimistic. Oh, lets not forget the old HISD lot on Richmond/Weslayan....wow, its been a year and what beautiful piles of dirt they've created.

• 5 weeks later...

That article is about River Oaks District (I think it has its own thread, but I could be wrong.), which is different and next door to Trademark Properties High Street development.

http://www.trademarkproperty.com/propertylist.asp?pageid=7

See new projects.

I dont think HBJ or the Chronicle have written about River Oaks District, so this should be the first detailed article. Hopefully!

and, the HBJ is giving a lot more specifics than have ever been released.

The project will include a 10 story office building, 350,000 square feet of retail space of which apparently half is spoken for, a 5 star hotel tower, and another 5 star hotel tower with 150 condos on top (the two hotels would total 500 rooms).

350,000 square feet of retail space of which apparently half is spoken for

Not so fast. The HBJ article only says that there is "preliminary interest in more than half of the projected 350,000 square feet of retail space."

Still good, but it doesn't sound like there are leases in place.

The sheer amount of new retail space coming on line around 2010 Uptown is simply amazing. And the traffic is already a nightmare. :wacko:

That article is about River Oaks District (I think it has its own thread, but I could be wrong.), which is different and next door to Trademark Properties High Street development.

http://www.trademarkproperty.com/propertylist.asp?pageid=7

See new projects.

I dont think HBJ or the Chronicle have written about River Oaks District, so this should be the first detailed article. Hopefully!

I could have sworn these were the same projects? I asked about it last week and I thought Niche told me they were the same. However, I can't find the thread that I posted it in. But from what I can remember, the different website have the same location when you look at their aerial view, or so I thought.

The model of the project that guy is standing behind sure this make the Oaks District look loverly. How long do we have to wait til this starts construction? With this and BLVD Place trying to come online at the same time, Regent Place starting construction anytime now, West Ave already under construction, and the High Street proposal, does it seem like overkill to anyone? Or can Houston support all of these projects? I feel one of these projects will be killed, or groundbreaking will be delayed by 10 years. Most likely High Street, because all the other projects seems to far along.

I could have sworn these were the same projects? I asked about it last week and I thought Niche told me they were the same. However, I can't find the thread that I posted it in. But from what I can remember, the different website have the same location when you look at their aerial view, or so I thought.

Two different projects. They seem to confuse more people than the two City Centres! :wacko:

A portion of the Westcreek apartments (the side formerly known as "Audobon Park" that fronts Westheimer across from Kettering) is planned to be replaced with the River Oaks District. This side of Westcreek is still occupied, though I think they're no longer doing new leases...? The other side of Westcreek is slated for Phase II, which is even further down the road, so they're still occupied & leasing.

Right next door, the site where the old Central Ford dealership was located is where the planned High Street development is supposed to go. The dealership was torn down several months ago.