HAIF - Houston's original social media

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EXCLUSIVE REPORTS From the August 12, 2005 print edition Car dealership gives way to urban infill Jennifer Dawson Houston Business Journal A high-end development mixing retail, residential and po

I removed "cancelled?" from the title since the project is now moving forward again.

Posted Images

Considering how long its taken for Sawyer Heights to build, I'd say anything here in 2008 is overly optimistic. Oh, lets not forget the old HISD lot on Richmond/Weslayan....wow, its been a year and what beautiful piles of dirt they've created.

• 5 weeks later...

That article is about River Oaks District (I think it has its own thread, but I could be wrong.), which is different and next door to Trademark Properties High Street development.

http://www.trademarkproperty.com/propertylist.asp?pageid=7

See new projects.

I dont think HBJ or the Chronicle have written about River Oaks District, so this should be the first detailed article. Hopefully!

and, the HBJ is giving a lot more specifics than have ever been released.

The project will include a 10 story office building, 350,000 square feet of retail space of which apparently half is spoken for, a 5 star hotel tower, and another 5 star hotel tower with 150 condos on top (the two hotels would total 500 rooms).

350,000 square feet of retail space of which apparently half is spoken for

Not so fast. The HBJ article only says that there is "preliminary interest in more than half of the projected 350,000 square feet of retail space."

Still good, but it doesn't sound like there are leases in place.

The sheer amount of new retail space coming on line around 2010 Uptown is simply amazing. And the traffic is already a nightmare. :wacko:

That article is about River Oaks District (I think it has its own thread, but I could be wrong.), which is different and next door to Trademark Properties High Street development.

http://www.trademarkproperty.com/propertylist.asp?pageid=7

See new projects.

I dont think HBJ or the Chronicle have written about River Oaks District, so this should be the first detailed article. Hopefully!

I could have sworn these were the same projects? I asked about it last week and I thought Niche told me they were the same. However, I can't find the thread that I posted it in. But from what I can remember, the different website have the same location when you look at their aerial view, or so I thought.

The model of the project that guy is standing behind sure this make the Oaks District look loverly. How long do we have to wait til this starts construction? With this and BLVD Place trying to come online at the same time, Regent Place starting construction anytime now, West Ave already under construction, and the High Street proposal, does it seem like overkill to anyone? Or can Houston support all of these projects? I feel one of these projects will be killed, or groundbreaking will be delayed by 10 years. Most likely High Street, because all the other projects seems to far along.

I could have sworn these were the same projects? I asked about it last week and I thought Niche told me they were the same. However, I can't find the thread that I posted it in. But from what I can remember, the different website have the same location when you look at their aerial view, or so I thought.

Two different projects. They seem to confuse more people than the two City Centres! :wacko:

A portion of the Westcreek apartments (the side formerly known as "Audobon Park" that fronts Westheimer across from Kettering) is planned to be replaced with the River Oaks District. This side of Westcreek is still occupied, though I think they're no longer doing new leases...? The other side of Westcreek is slated for Phase II, which is even further down the road, so they're still occupied & leasing.

Right next door, the site where the old Central Ford dealership was located is where the planned High Street development is supposed to go. The dealership was torn down several months ago.

No. Two adjacent projects, but under different ownership. Westcreek = Oaks District = River Oaks District, and is owned by OliverMcMillan. Central Ford = High Street, and is owned by Trademark.

Apparently you aren't the only one confused. The HBJ article went to some length to provide a history of each deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Highland Tower and High Street are two different projects. At least according to this LINK they are. Why are they both in the same thread.

I guess it's too late to separate them again.

Edited by lockmat
  • 2 weeks later...

How come we never talked about that Briarglen?? It's 8 stories.

Anyway, has anyone driven past it? What are your impressions? I like the renderings.

--------------

Pelican Builders have also built another townhome community that nobody created a thread about - SouthPoint townhomes.

http://www.pelicanbuilders.com/

Edited by lockmat
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
That seems quite ambitious for that section of land. Of course, it's hard to really get a feel for the scale since historically all we've had to go on was the lot to a car dealership. In any case, it certainly will be a volatile addition to that area of town.

Now imagine it right next door to River Oaks District

Quite a transformation for that block.

Now imagine it right next door to River Oaks District

Quite a transformation for that block.

You get a real feel for Uptown's area in that photo, including just how much room there is for redevelopment. It would be cool if one of you really crafty graphics fiends could come up with a composite sketch of how the Uptown skyline would look with all the proposed projects (Turnberry, Cosmopolitan, Titan, River Oaks, High Street, etc, etc) built out.

You get a real feel for Uptown's area in that photo, including just how much room there is for redevelopment. It would be cool if one of you really crafty graphics fiends could come up with a composite sketch of how the Uptown skyline would look with all the proposed projects (Turnberry, Cosmopolitan, Titan, River Oaks, High Street, etc, etc) built out.

dont forget blvd.

i cannot wait to see the transformation of our city in 3-5 years.

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty light out still. You eat an early din din.

Thanks for the pics

----

And I still can't figure out why two completely projects were combined into one thread.

Edited by lockmat
  • 1 month later...
I like the look. It will offer a nice transition from Highland Village to the River Oaks District and it is certainly better than a Ford Dealership with concrete lots!

I like it too, for the exact same reasons. Plus, I think it will make the awesome River Oaks District project seem bigger and grander. I hope they make these two projects easily accessible to one another for shoppers and tourist.

Edited by Mister X
  • Like 1

Here's an idea of what the Uptown skyline might look like in a few years.

gallery_1628_46_18390.jpg

I probably should have found a better photo but I was in a hurry so I just slapped this together fast because I just couldn't wait to see what the future of uptown might look like in a few years.

Edited by Mister X
  • Like 1

You're amazing.

You know what's funny is that if/when these get built, we'll forget what the skyline used to look like and just want more. "[We] can't get noooo...sat-is-factioooon."

• Like 1

gallery_1628_46_18390.jpg

I probably should have found a better photo but I was in a hurry so I just slapped this together fast because I just couldn't wait to see what the future of uptown might look like in a few years.

Oh, now see that's just good stuff right there! Thanks!

Here's another crazy fantasy photo of Uptown at a different angle. I'm just guessing as to where the 50 and 80 story towers that are mentioned in another thread would go. But the source said somewhere near Williams Tower and there seems to be a lot of speculation about the area near Richmond @ Post Oak - so I put them there. Also, I'm just guessing about the possible place that the BLVD towers would be located. The Greeway Plaza area is blocking the view of where the River Oaks District towers would be.

The original spectacular photo was taken by JAX I think. JAX, I hope it's o.k. to crop and draw on this and repost it here. If it isn't let me know and I will promptly delete it. It's just for fun.

gallery_1628_46_62004.jpg

Edited by Mister X
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hou_highstreettrademark.jpg

http://www.globest.com/news/1108_1108/houston/168839-1.html

After nearly two years of working the plan, Trademark Property Co. is forging ahead on the $105-million High Street, a mixed-use project less than one mile from the Galleria Mall.

The redevelopment will have 233 apartments atop 100,000 sf of retail and 80,000 sf of office in a separate structure. The foundation's been poured for the office building, with residential and retail to go vertical in 60 to 90 days.

I like being the bearer of good news! :)

Interesting. When all these mix-used projects were announced, I figured at least one proposal had to die, and this was the one I guessed wouldn't make it. Opps. Now this one and BLVD have started, while Pavillions and West Ave are way along. That just leaves Oaks District and Regent Square, neither one of which seem like they are going to fail at this point.

Another note High Street is where Central Ford used to be, so the description in the title is incorrect. There an article on Swamplot right now. The address for this development is 4100 Westheimer. I've not found the location of Highland Tower yet other than it will be between Highland Village and Target on San Felipe.

You need to make one more change. The thread is now called "Highland Tower Not High Street", but the thread description still says, "Former car dealership on Westheimer" which is not where Highland Tower is going to be built. Highland Tower will be north of the former car dealership at the NEC of Bancroft at Bettis.

bpe3