Which threads? It was my understanding that the Westcreek project and this one (High Street) were separate, just near each other on Westheimer.

From the article, I would guess that the rendering is extremely preliminary - no more than a pencil sketch at this point. They are still firming up the components of the project.

you are correct. the two parties couldnt reach a deal so they are going to be seperate developments :ph34r:

• 2 months later...
you are correct. the two parties couldnt reach a deal so they are going to be seperate developments :ph34r:

It does not have much new information, but I recieved the Uptown Update for October and thought I share it with everyone!

HIGH STREET HEADED TO UPTOWN

Trademark Property Company has signed a 100-year ground lease with Kagan & Rudy Families Properties Ltd. and Karu Ltd. for a six-acre site at 4410 Westheimer Road. An auto dealership now on the site will be bulldozed to make way for a 100,000-square-foot, mixed-use project dubbed The High Street.

Plans for The High Street call for specialty retail, restaurants and entertainment space coupled with 250 to 350 multi-family units. Trademark Property Company is best known locally for its development of the 500,000-square-foot Market Street in The Woodlands.

slightly off topic but more of a confirmation that westcreek apartments are not a part of this development.

hbj link

Trademark, which was not the highest bidder on Westcreek, was already planning to do a mixed-use development next door on the old Central Ford site at 4410 Westheimer. In fact, sources say, Trademark and Cypress discussed a joint development of their sites, but that deal did not materialize.

:ph34r:

slightly off topic but more of a confirmation that westcreek apartments are not a part of this development.

FYI, we do have a Westcreek thread open on this in the "WestLoop/Galleria/Memorial" forum.

Don't ask me why . . .

I always get confused myself what constitutes acceptance in the "Going Up!" section if it can belong in the area specific section too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I defiantly agree open ground parking lots are and eyesore for the inner-city, but if a car dealerships opened up downtown with a parking structure with ground level pedestrian access and large widow displays to allow the public to view their showroom. I bet you would think it was cool and urban.

The fact of the matter is that when developers build in the inner city they need to rethink how they build, and not just build designs meant for the suburbs. I don

• 1 month later...

I searched for this topic, but all that it gave me was some thread with 28 pages. Not gonna sift through that...

But I can't find any kind of website that has information on this project, if it's still planned. I saw renderings and plans of where it would be in skyscraperpages and the post was only a couple months old.

Anyone have some info?

• 3 months later...

I looked there once for a two bedroom, two bath. They originally didnt' have floor plans like that, so they knocked out walls between 1/1 and efficiencies. It was very odd, because then the larger apartment had two entrances in front and a back door in each of the bedrooms that let out into the parking lot.<<danes75

Reminds me of my favorite Houston apartment back in the apartment days. It was in that huge old complex that used to be where the Kroger center is now at the corner of Westpark /Buffalo Speedway/Edloe. I had an efficiency there that had an honest to God Murphy bed and a little bitty kitchen with these porcelain covered fixtures all built in including an icebox. Very 40's. It had a back door with a little porch and there were lots of trees and green lawn. It was fantastic and I almost cried when they tore it all down some years later.

Reminds me of my favorite Houston apartment back in the apartment days. It was in that huge old complex that used to be where the Kroger center is now at the corner of Westpark /Buffalo Speedway/Edloe. I had an efficiency there that had an honest to God Murphy bed and a little bitty kitchen with these porcelain covered fixtures all built in including an icebox. Very 40's. It had a back door with a little porch and there were lots of trees and green lawn. It was fantastic and I almost cried when they tore it all down some years later.

A friend of mine lived there (the name escapes me) right as they were about to knock it down. Great party at the end, as obviously nobody was worried about security deposits (or punching holes in the wall or similar activities).

I lived there in the early/mid 90s. It was called the Greenway Apts. I used to walk to work in Greenway Plaza down Purdue St. and across the bridge at Edloe. (Purdue is completely gone, but you can see where it was because Kroger kept the trees that lined the street in their parking lot.) Now that I think about it, maybe the "Edloe Apts." were where Kroger is, becuase my apartment was across Buffalo Spdwy., where the retirement home is now. They were nice, basic places. Very 40s, as you say.

jt

• 3 weeks later...

I was browsing in skyscrapercity and someone mentioned this project as one of the top five in the area. It seems like a big deal, but nobody here talks about it. Or at least not since I've been an active member. Is this going to happen?

I was browsing in skyscrapercity and someone mentioned this project as one of the top five in the area. It seems like a big deal, but nobody here talks about it. Or at least not since I've been an active member. Is this going to happen?

We have quite a few topics that hibernate until something significant happens. With high street, no one has come up with any inside information or nuggets of gossip regarding it, so it's basically on hold until we actually see some dirt turn over.

a few of the topics that are hibernating are:

The Richmond Rail Topic

The east end and North Rail topics.

The Park downtown hasn't seen any action in a few weeks (it should be renamed, I think)

The Finger Tower apartments hasn't seen action in a few days at least.

and a few other topics I can't think of off hand.

We have quite a few topics that hibernate until something significant happens. With high street, no one has come up with any inside information or nuggets of gossip regarding it, so it's basically on hold until we actually see some dirt turn over.

As long as it's just hibernating, and not dead, I'm cool with it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry if this is the wrong thread. I heard yesterday that the Westcreek Project is effectively "on hold" for at least three years while the developers rethink their plan. Westcreek Village are continuing to lease apartments, and have told their tennants they are safe for three years. Another development disappointment. I have noticed that the tarp-like fencing is down from where the car dealership was that is the proposed High Street development site.

Does anyone have any new/additional information on these projects?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread. I heard yesterday that the Westcreek Project is effectively "on hold" for at least three years while the developers rethink their plan. Westcreek Village are continuing to lease apartments, and have told their tennants they are safe for three years. Another development disappointment. I have noticed that the tarp-like fencing is down from where the car dealership was that is the proposed High Street development site.

Does anyone have any new/additional information on these projects?

I've been following this off and on for a while for work, and based upon my knowledge, if what you're saying is accurate, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Just to be sure, though, are you certain that all apartment tenants were given this memo? This was to be a two-phase project, so it is still possible that only half of the units were given this information and that the other half are still up in the air.

Score another one for Houston!

edit: lol, gmta trae. we posted at exactly the same moment. :)

Projects get put on hold and canceled in every city. No more or no less. You realy think all dozen or so of the mix-use projects that were announced over the past couple years were going to come through.

I'll be surprised if even a single one of the "grand projects" approaches anything near the original renderings. HP had its residential component sheared off. The HISD site will be a CostCo. I'm just waiting for the disappointing news on West Ave., Regent Square, BLVD Place, etc. Which will be cancelled or turned into a WalMart first?

I'm just wondering if Houston is ever going to join the 21st century, or if it's a lost cause, the first Detroit of the sunbelt.

Edited by woolie

So some cookie cutter crap from the burbs planted inside the loop is your idea of 21st Centry?

Good grief.

This location is terrible. I am over there every other week, and you can barely pull out onto Westheimer anymore.

I can only imgine the gridlock this lame project would create.

I'll be surprised if even a single one of the "grand projects" approaches anything near the original renderings. HP had its residential component sheared off. The HISD site will be a CostCo. I'm just waiting for the disappointing news on West Ave., Regent Square, BLVD Place, etc. Which will be cancelled or turned into a WalMart first?

I'm just wondering if Houston is ever going to join the 21st century, or if it's a lost cause, the first Detroit of the sunbelt.

Woah, now. Detroit is not a failed city for lack of urbanism. Comparisons between Houston and Detroit may be appropriate in 30 years, depending on how various things play out, but not now...and even then, we're a sunbelt city--we'd recover because our climate is nice and the cost of living is low. Detroit just sucks.

Check it out. Impressive, no?

Edited by TheNiche

So some cookie cutter crap from the burbs planted inside the loop is your idea of 21st Centry?

Good grief.

This location is terrible. I am over there every other week, and you can barely pull out onto Westheimer anymore.

I can only imgine the gridlock this lame project would create.

The nightmare traffic in the Village doesn't seem to deter many people.

Anyway, what I think is that these mixed-use renderings are just buttering city officials up for the Best Buy or Target that will eventually be built on these plots. Much less risk involved.