Bagby Park At 415 Gray St.

cspwal

Is the new midtown park fully open?  The chain link fence is gone, people are using it, but one of the gates to the dog run is padlocked.  (There's two gates but only one is padlocked)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

I prefer a taco chilangos over the oversized ones from the Austin and Dallas transplant taco places. First time I went to Torchy's I ordered 3 of them not realizing that were burrito sized. Not that they weren't good but...damn I can't eat that much.

Edited by hindesky
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2019 at 11:08 AM, Chi-Char-Hou-Dal said:

Nice! - looks like they are re-doing the park as well? fences off heavy equipment / midtown sign covered

Anybody know what is going on here?

Also the “For Lease” sign is still up on Rico’s ... seems strange if La Calle has committed.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Crockpot, I just saw that and of course came right here.

I think it's worth noting from the article how much interest there was in the location and the other work going on at the park (a canopy and lighting over the stage and lawn modifications) from an article in the HBJ:

Owner Ramon Soriano Tomka’s business was chosen out of 300 total initial applicants, he said. Those 300 were whittled down to 20 applicants chosen to provide a business plan and then eight finalist. In addition to updating the food kiosk, the Midtown Redevelopment Authority also is upgrading Bagby Park with changes such as the addition of a canopy and lighting to the stage, enhancing outdoor performances and lawn modifications, according to a June 9 blog post. The 5,000-square-foot dog park will remain open during the project, which is expected to be completed this fall.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/08/07/downtown-houston-taco-restaurant-to-open-second.html?ana=e_me_set1&j=89757171&t=Morning&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiT0dKbE5EUTJPRGM0TVdZNCIsInQiOiIwSFwvZHFHQjBESFRDZWtkZmt2MGlPWkpxUnowczN6bDlSSVBkSUt5TlVTU21JNXRwRDlDSm4wREVqT3BcLzdBM252XC9JQVdNUU43Rm42ck0rODBybnd5dTJQZEp1YTQ2YW1UZkp4YWF0bUl4ZlwvWlBsSVZDTzQ1U1VzbVBqaXRPYWsifQ%3D%3D

• Like 4

• 7 months later...
  • The title was changed to Midtown Park On Gray Street
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Bagby Park On Gray Street
  • 5 months later...
38 minutes ago, staresatmaps said:

$10.99 for 5 tiny 1/3 sized tacos. Read some of their reviews. Show me another counter service place with the same prices for that size taco. You guys are funny...  edit: The normal sized tacos on that menu are 3 for $12.99. $4.33 each.

So when you said it was $25 for 3 mini tacos . . . that was just a lie.  Thanks for confirming.

• Like 1

Just to belabor the point…I ran a quick check on the prices of a single taco at Fusion and Torchy’s…the cheapest I found was $3.75 (Fusion)and most expensive was $6.95 (also Fusion).  So, La Calle, actually, seems to be charging about the going rate.  Looking forward to giving this place a go. 

• Like 3