When is Krispy Kreme opening?

We tried to stop by around 5:30pm today and couldn't get near it.  There was a huge crowd out the door and in the parking lot and the drive thru line went through the KK lot and wrapped back around into the Target lot as far as I could see.

a co-worker has to drive home past this every day and at 230pm sent me a text basically saying the line was still super long (just as it was this morning on his way to work) and traffic is so bad with cars trying to get to it that there are policemen directing the traffic!  :blink: OY! wonder when the hype and chaos will die down enough for me to go and not have to deal with all of that  :unsure:  :P

a co-worker has to drive home past this every day and at 230pm sent me a text basically saying the line was still super long (just as it was this morning on his way to work) and traffic is so bad with cars trying to get to it that there are policemen directing the traffic!  :blink: OY! wonder when the hype and chaos will die down enough for me to go and not have to deal with all of that  :unsure:  :P

We drove past at 10pm last night and the drive-thru line was backed up on Westheimer all the way to the light at Fondren.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know what the hold up is on the Krispy Kreme being constructed at S. Main and 610? Seems like no work has been done to the building in the past 3 months.

I drive by it often and yeah, it has stopped or is moving very slowly. I guess the insulation look just became normal to me! 

The permits were mostly if not all issued back in March of last year, so I have no idea what's going on..

• 3 months later...

"Eater attributed the slow-off-the-line opening to permitting delays, though regional franchise manager Guillermo Perales told the HBJ that the delays had to do with fears that the crowds would be too large for the store’s originally-planned infrastructure to handle. As for the South Main store? Posted to the inside of the front window is a highlighted letter from October documenting the donut stand’s theoretical ability to withstand hurricane-strength winds"

http://swamplot.com/a-peek-inside-the-half-baked-krispy-kreme-near-nrg-stadium/2016-06-01/

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
18 hours ago, Mab said:

S. Main Krispy Kreme is now going to be an Arbys 

Huh, why didn't it work out? I guess the owner just didn't want to invest in it to try to rebuild. Also, Arby's is a peculiar choice since a number of Arby's restaurants built in the late 1990s/early 2000s have largely bitten the dust. I'd say half a dozen have closed in the Houston area in the last five years.

Archived