Flat roof replacement

We need to replace our flat roof (believe it's BUR on top of tar and gravel). Curious to get people's thoughts on roofers with experience and whether we are limited these days to TPO or something similar (got a few quotes last year that were all for TPO & didn't get the sense the roofers had much flat roof experience). Thanks in advance - I'm getting a little lost in the weeds!!!

May I gently suggest you call it a low slope roof and not a flat roof...

Probably need to spud it back to decking if it has two layers already. There is plenty of MBR out there (modified bitumen) that can be applied with a torch or solvent. No need to go plastic. There are lighter colors that will help reflect sun. You should not have any trouble finding an MBR roofer in H-town.

I also posted on the Houston Mod thread about this house. Innerlooper is right, there should be plenty of low slope roofers in town who would be willing to take on a small project. I also agree that a modified bitumin roof is the way to go (historic or not). It is the smart money for this application. You definitely do not want a gravel roof even if it "looks right."

Archived