Jungle Jim's Playland At 7115 Clarewood Dr.

IronTiger

Here's another ad from the 1989 Houston Post. I have no idea where this was exactly, no address given, and its all indoors, so there's no obvious signs of where it was.

I've heard Jungle Jim's briefly operated at least the old Fame City at Memorial City Mall (and maybe the current Funplex).

post-4782-0-51228400-1428686581_thumb.jp

While trying to find out where this was, there seemed to be a large motel where Allen Samuels Chevrolet is now (torn down between 1989 and 1995), but I can't find what that was, either...

• Like 1

I remember Jungle Jim's. I went there many times as a kid. The address is 7115 Clarewood, but you accessed the front door from Sharpstown Mall's parking lot. It's an indoor soccer place now, and before that, it was housing a fly by night charter school that had a recording studio in it for some reason. http://www.indoorsoccer59.com/portal/

• Like 1

I remember Jungle Jim's. I went there many times as a kid. The address is 7115 Clarewood, but you accessed the front door from Sharpstown Mall's parking lot. It's an indoor soccer place now, and before that, it was housing a fly by night charter school that had a recording studio in it for some reason. http://www.indoorsoccer59.com/portal/

I was thinking it was that building, but was not 100% sure.  

The Fun Plex over on Beechnut and Eldridge was Fame City originally and had the waterpark.  I am not sure what it was previously, but I remember Exhilerama at Memorial City mall.  I grew up in the 90's in Sugar Land.  

Edited by technoevil

The Fun Plex over on Beechnut and Eldridge was Fame City originally and had the waterpark.  I am not sure what it was previously, but I remember Exhilerama at Memorial City mall.  I grew up in the 90's in Sugar Land.  

The Fame City building was purpose-built for Fame City.  It was an empty field before that.

• 6 years later...
  • The title was changed to Jungle Jim's Playland At 7115 Clarewood Dr.