West Gray Plaza: Retail Center At 504 W. Gray St.

HoustonMidtown

That's gonna look horrible.

With as much street parking and nearby residential as there is near this site, it's a shame they won't front the buildings on the street, with parking in the back. Could probably take advantage of the Barnaby's parking lot for access to the spaces at the rear.

As it is, it looks light on parking space count anyway.

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Strip center appears complete. nothing opened yet I don't think.

Also found out recently that Barnaby's acquired a lot behind its current parking lot, at 319 W Pierce. This was a 1930's duplex, they tore it down and are extended their parking lot. really disappointing.

IMG_2604-001.JPG.44944dec55f356791c3f0d6606fbaedb.JPG

1. They bought a lot appraised at close to $500k to build a parking lot (couldn't they have built an open structure on their current parking lot for less?)

2. The 94 year-old lady who has lived at 420 W Pierce and sit on her porch most of the day now has the view of traffic

3. Removed perfectly good residential (was ok as-is, but would have normally been turned in to 2 townhomes on the block)

4. They added drainage pipes from the lot to W Pierce to add runoff to a street that floods pretty quick

I'll probably still go get their queso every once and a while but i'm a little annoyed...

• The title was changed to Strip Center On W. Gray Next To Barnabys
  • The title was changed to West Gray Plaza: Retail Center At 504 W. Gray St.

Archived