Going Up

Subdude

I agree that it should remain in "Going Up", but I think that there is room for improvement in this forum in how projects are labeled or tagged. Whether it's a separate tag on the side of the thread or expressed in the title some indicators on what stage a project is in (of course to the best of our knowledge) would help a great deal to the curious and general forum lurker. Here are some tags that I would recommend either developed as separate highly visible tags or put in the title of the thread and adjusted as the project evolves.

Possible Tags:

*Rumored* - since we have so many dedicated HAIFers who like to go above and beyond to find new projects, spy various notice of variance requests around town, or have insider info on potential development I think this should be one of the first tags used on any going up thread as a way to differentiate between a project from word of mouth to one actually announced and on it's way into development.

*Announced*  - used as the initial tag for any new thread where a project is first announced either by a architecture firm, developer, real estate firm, city/state/national gov., official organizations, or the press

*In Development* - Another term that might fit here is "Design Development", but "In Development" helps keep the entire design process in a more general setting since we aren't privy to information as far as if they are in Schematic Design, or Design Development, or simply planning. This tag would be used after we start getting more info on what the building will be and start seeing site plans, renderings, etc...

*Under Construction* - this tag would be used the moment we start seeing soil samples, bulldozers/boots on the ground, or a ground breaking ceremony taking place. This tag means that the project is under construction and is on it's way to being completed.

*On Hold* - one of the tags listed here that no one wants to see, but happens because it's the nature of the business. This tag would be used once we have official word a project is on hold or there has been a significant amount of time since original development cycle.

*Canceled* - the dreaded tag we hope never graces any thread, Canceled (I also thought about the tag simply saying "Dead" but that might be a little harsh). This tag is for when the project is officially canceled via word from developers, architects, or the press themselves or if someone has reliable info about a projects impending cancellation, but like the announcement tag this one should be limited only if it's from an official source.

*Completed* - Yaaa the project is finally completed. Congrats, now it can proudly wear this tag with honor.

In conclusion I hope that something like this would be something to seriously consider for this forum as it could help clear up a lot of confusion. The majority of people who look into these threads are Lay-people and I know this could help out their understanding a lot about what stage each project is on, but even us who are in the industry would certainly appreciate this kind of organization as well. Just some thoughts especially when you recently posting a lot of these renderings that are, while cool to see, do add a little bit to the confusion on whether a project is actually happening, dead, or in development. It's adds more context to those images posted.

Thanks for this.  At one point as the number of projects multiplied there was a query to the group as to whether there might be a better way to organize Going Up.  At the time there wasn't a consensus, but a sub-forum structure like this makes sense to me.  

What does everyone think?

A sub-forum Structure would be greatly appreciated. There just has to be some kind of stratification of all this information! Especially with this enormous boom it can get pretty difficult to keep track of it all. I still think the tags along with the sub-forum would be great just as a visual reminder. Either optional or hybrid is fine by me :) The current structure is a tad broken (or I guess it's more on overload! lol) You guys have done a great job of moding the forum, but I have to think that this would also make it easier for yall as well (well maybe not in the beginning with shifting everything over lol It would be a process!)

I use the View New Content button to navigate Haif and agree tags would be useful.

If tags are not an easy fix though, the sub forum option would work almost like a tag if you read the navigation line at the top of the page.

Not quite a tag but you would know.

My lazy wish is for a View New content button on the bottom of pages so I don't have to scroll back to the top.

lazy-cat5.jpg

Archived