The Moderne Rice Village: Condominiums At 2406 Tangley St.

Urbannizer

So, next door to the new Hanover 12 story going up on Morningside in Rice Village, there's been an impressive concrete building under construction. I walk by it daily and have asked about it but no worker seemed to know anything about it. So, I assumed maybe Hanover was doing a smaller brownstone type rental across the street. However, today I found out what it will be...

Morningside Mansion Flats.

7 stories. 

1 level of parking

6 levels of condos

1 condo per floor

There are some rough images to be found at Tourell Ventures. I LOVE this type of infill. Great for the Rice Village area and a welcome addition!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, next door to the new Hanover 12 story going up on Morningside in Rice Village, there's been an impressive concrete building under construction. I walk by it daily and have asked about it but no worker seemed to know anything about it. So, I assumed maybe Hanover was doing a smaller brownstone type rental across the street. However, today I found out what it will be...

Morningside Mansion Flats.

7 stories. 

1 level of parking

6 levels of condos

1 condo per floor

There are some rough images to be found at Tourell Ventures. I LOVE this type of infill. Great for the Rice Village area and a welcome addition!

Northwest corner of Morningside and Tangley?

Northwest corner of Morningside and Tangley?

Yes. It's a small little lot adjacent to three/four newish townhouse. In fact, google images shows the beginning of construction. The elevator shaft went up first and was quite impressive. All concrete/no stick. Looks like they are starting floor five now. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a pretty sweet development. Speaking of neat condo projects, whatever happened to that condo designed by the architect that "returned to Houston" after like 20 years? It was in Midtown I think, had some decent curves and was all (blue) glass.

You're referring to 3615 Montrose. Spoke to someone today and there's only a few units left for that one; breaking ground next quarter.

Those last photos appear to have been made by a relative of the previous owner of this property, Charles Schorre, a very respected painter and professor at Rice, who passed away several years ago.His home and studio were there, along with a huge block of granite. Kinkaidalum I'm sure you're familiar with it since you live around there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived